Chapter #4

🎨Artist of Story Cover - tkjn821 (Twitter)
Please notify me if you are the artist and wish to have your art removed.

*

July, 1st - Wednesday

It was your vacation period but the university was always open for the usual clubs and associations who organized programs for the students throughout the year. Therefore, the campus grounds were always busy with activity, only the amount of students were less than the average number. After convincing Mikasa to go through with your matchmaking plan, you decided to bring her to one of the dance practices that was taking place today and introduce her to your fellow mates. According to your calculations, it would take about two or three days for Jean to come up with a good dance and another few days to teach it to Mikasa, since she was a beginner.

"I'm a little nervous."

You wrapped your arm around Mikasa and squeezed reassuringly. "Don't be. If Jean tries anything ridiculous, I'll kick his sorry ass. Besides, everyone here is pretty cool. You don't need to be embarrassed about doing something wrong because everyone started off like that."

"But I'm not really good at dancing. I'm going to look horrible."

"It's not about being good. You need to let the moves flow through you without thinking what you look like while your doing it. Jean might be an idiot but he's an amazing dancer. He's very professional. I'll have him choreograph the entire routine so that it's you following his lead. That will make things a lot easier for you. Plus, try to at least act like your enjoying it. This has to be believable." She huffed and nodded.

You noticed the apprehensive look still swirling around her dark orbs, so you gave her some more guidance in hopes that it would boost her confidence. "Don't think of it like it's a Martial Arts practice where you need to focus on proving yourself to someone. Lose the stiffness in your body. You have flexibility so I can assure you that some moves will be pretty easy. Be firm with your steps but not like stomping. Graceful feet. Small twirls. If there's any moves that involve holding onto the person, don't be afraid to initiate physical contact with your partner. Jean will support you when your twirling about the stage so trust him." You turned to head towards the performing arts building, Mikasa close on your heels.

Opening the door that led to the private Advanced Studio room, you called out to the inhabitants inside.

"Yo guys! Everyone say a big hello to my best friend, Mikasa!" you announced, holding the door open as a shy Mikasa peeked in with her hand twisting around the handles of her tote bag.

"Hi!!!"

"Hello."

"Hey! Nice to meet you!"

Similar choruses of greetings were chanted by your fellow club members across the room but one scream stood out in particular.

"Mikasa?! Is that really you?!" cried the excited voice of Jean.

You saw Mikasa tense and physically cringe as Jean approached the two of you from the back of the room.

"Fucking hell! I didn't know Mikasa was your best friend, F/N! You could have introduced me to her sooner, you know! I was unfortunate enough to meet her under terrible circumstances last term."

You rolled your eyes at his wording and gave him a sharp glare. "You mean a brawl? Did you pick a fight with Eren?"

"You know that bastard, F/N?" said Jean, fisting his hands.

You heard Mikasa growl under her breath and quickly stepped in before another fistfight could break out. "He's my friend too, Jean. If you didn't know already."