Chapter 9: Echo of... Zane.

Reader Key:

(Y/N) = Your Name.

(N/N) = Your Nickname.

(H/L) = Hair Length.

(H/C) = Hair Colour.

(E/C) = Eye Colour.

Author's Note: This will be slowly updated as not to give away something in the main story.

(Third Person P.O.V)

Zane was in shock after hearing what Lloyd had told him. "He had a brother? He had a brother! But his father had never mentioned it to him!?"

Lloyd stood still holding gently onto (Y/N) making sure she stayed sound and safe.

Zane got up and went to leave. "Zane? Where are you going?" Cole called out to the Nindroid. "To go see my brother." Zane answered the Master of Earth.

"WHAT!" Jay shouted at the Master of Ice. "Didn't you listen to Lloyd?! This Echo guy is crazy!" Jay continued to yell at Zane trying to get the Nindriod to see how dangerous this was.

"I agree with Jay. Zane even if he is your little brother he's dangerous. He may try to hurt you." Kai added to the conversation determined to keep Zane from hurting himself.

"But he is my brother. He needs help." Zane objected wanting to save Echo. "I agree with Zane." (Y/N) stated but Lloyd shushed her.

"You're dehydrated, coved in bruises and may have broken bones." Lloyd informed her on her health status.

"You are in no condition to agree about this boy." Lloyd said firmly to (Y/N). "I've been through worse." (Y/N) objected this made Jay and Lloyd look as though they were going to cry.

"I promised Echo we would both get off that island... Together. That I wouldn't abandon him and I keep my word." (Y/N) growled out through her sunburnt and chapped lips.

"No. You are staying here." Cole insisted dragging Zane back inside to prevent him from leaving.

"You two are to stay away from this Echo Zane!" Kai ordered both Zane and (Y/N). (Y/N) was far too exhausted to say anything so she merely made a rather rude hand gesture to the Ninja of Fire.

Kai moved to step forward causing (Y/N) to leap up to fight the Ninja of Fire but the blood rushed to her head combined with her current poor health caused her to pass out and hit the floor with a resounding thud.

Lloyd shouted for his uncle to come help in a blind panic. While Cole roared at Kai for antagonising (Y/N) in her current condition.

Jay let out a high pitched shriek of terror thinking that (Y/N) had just died right in front of him leaving Zane to step in to help take care of the ailing (Y/N).

"She needs rest, a lot of rest." Zane reported to the frantic Ninjas. Zane brushed the hair out of (Y/N)'s face as he tenderly carried her into her room and tucked her into bed.

Zane's mind was racing he didn't understand what was going on around him at the moment.

He had a brother that his father had never told him about, his little brother had hurt (Y/N) and tried to hurt Lloyd. None of this made any sense to the poor Nindroid.

That night an anxious Zane waited by (Y/N)'s bedside for her to wake up. She was the only one that could tell him the truth of what she'd discovered on that lighthouse island.

Lloyd had become too paranoid to let (Y/N) out of his sight after what had happened. So he decided to stay sleeping on the floor of the room right in front of the door to prevent intruders from coming in.

While Zane had claimed a chair next to (Y/N)'s bed so he could monitor her health while she remained sleeping.

Nya had brought in some water and light food in earlier just incase (Y/N) waked up during the night leaving Zane with the instructions.

"If she wakes up try to ensure her to eat and drink. Ok, Zane?" Nya insisted double cheeking that Zane understood everything she wanted him to do.

It was much later that night when (Y/N) stirred in her bed grabbing Zane's attention.

Zane happened to be placing a nice cool moist rag on (Y/N)'s forehead when (Y/N) opened her eyes half glassed over due to illness she reached out to Zane and cupped his cheek with her hand to reassure the Nindroid fretting by her side.

"Hey, Echo. It just a nightmare." (Y/N) mumbled with a parched throat. Poor (Y/N) was so delirious that she'd mistaken Zane for his little brother.

Zane quickly got her some water he held the cool water up to her chapped lips so (Y/N) could drink. (Y/N) sipped some water and went back to sleep thanking Echo for the water before shutting her eyes, returning to rest.

Not even realising that she'd been talking to Zane, not Echo. Zane smoothed down (Y/N)'s hair as she slept. It was rather sickly and brittle as well.

(Y/N)'s breathing remained erratic also and all he could do is was sit by her side and wait for (Y/N) to be coherent enough to talk to him so he could talk to hear about his mysterious younger brother his father had neglected to tell him about.