Chapter 21 - Luke

Here is another Academy fanfic: 'Street Racer (Monthly Updates- For Now)' by AcademyPrincess. 

***

There is a time skip because I'm too lazy to rewrite a week full of fluff to stop the story from happening too quickly.

***

I just got back in school today and I've already had one anxiety attack this morning. I don't want to go!

***

Luke

It had been awesome to spend a week with Cupcake. Owen was pulling us off the gang assignment. He felt like it was hitting too close to Sang's old people. We don't want to do anything to compromise her security. Either way, Kota had already been 'taken' and presumed dead. All we have to do is to pretend to be scared and ask to exit. We're mercenaries in this situation and it's normal if one of our people is taken to freak and leave.

It's taken all this week to be able to properly do it. As I haven't been doing much there so far, I was free to go while everyone was busy wrapping it up. That meant Cupcake was only mine today! Sadly, Uncle called me in to help at the Diner since he was under-staffed today and needed server. But Cupcake agreed to come and help too!

"Luke?" 

I'm pulled from my day dreams by Sang's voice, "Yes?"

She smiled softly at me, "It's not the time to be in your head. We're going to be late."

"Last one to the car is a rotten egg," I take off towards the car with her at my heels.

I can hear her laughter as she overtakes me and stops when she touches my car, "I win and you're a rotten egg!"

I sulk a little as I'm usually the fastest of my brothers, "Yeah, yeah."

Sang grins and starts to make fun of me, "Little Lukey is upset 'cause he's a rotten egg.."

I get into the front seat, "Whatever, I let you win."

Cupcake snorts, "I doubt it."

I start the car as our banter continues, "It's not my fault that I didn't have your training."

She shakes her head, "Even before all that shit, I was fast."

I pout a little, "That's just not fair. You can't be beautiful, athletic and smart!"

Cupcake blushes like a tomato, "Luke! You can't just say things like that."

I look away purposefully, "Whatever do you mean, I simply recognize that Owen has good taste."

Sang gives me a look, "Now you sound a bit like him."

My face turns towards her in horror, "Take that back!"

She giggles adorably, "Never!" Is there something that this bird can do without looking cute? 

I love that our banter continues the entire way to the Diner. It's effortless with Sang, she would be a good addition to our family in any way. Owen is the luckiest to have Cupcake. Ignoring the feeling of longing, I focus on Sang who is laughing at something I said.

Cupcake waves her hands in front of my face, "Luke, come back down to Earth!"

I do exactly that sheepishly, "Sorry."