Chapter 11

LENAS POV

I knew what Alex was going to say to me. She was going to tell me I'm a Luthor after all. She isn't wrong, though. My family history isn't great, at all. Lionel, my father, however, wasn't the worst. He took me in after my mother died, he was an okay man. But yes, it's true I am a Luthor. I'm expected to not be good. But I am. I try to be.

If Kara didn't come in when she did, Alex would've said the words I expected. It would've done more than hurt me, it hurts without it even being said. But what was I to do? Nothing. Crazy huh? Things can be so... devastating.

I was about to head off to sleep until I heard a knock on the door. Who in the world was this?

KARAS POV

I couldn't believe what Alex was about to say to Lena. I know I'm hurt because of her but that doesn't give Alex the right to say that to the person I love and adore.

I decided to give Lena a visit.

THIRTY FIVE MINUTES LATER

Whoa. Okay. I'm doing this. I can do this. One. Two. Three. And I knocked.

It took Lena about 30 seconds to get to the door.

"Oh, Kara. What are you doing here? It's nearly two am and I told you to leave me alone. You remember that right?"

"Yeah. I just I wanted to apologise."

Lena held the door open for me to come in, so I walked in, and she shut the door behind me.

"I wanted to say I'm sorry. About what happened at the DEO, Alex was completely out of order, I spoke to her she said she was just angry because of.." was all I managed to get out after Lena cut me off.

"Because of us." Lena sighed.

"Yeah.. because of us." I replied.

"Look, Kara, I know you're hurting. I know you're upset but did you need to tell Alex? That's put an even bigger strain on our relationship with each other."

"I didn't tell her. She heard, through the cameras. I forgot about them, I'm sorry."

"Oh, oh okay." Lena sounded quite upset after I said that, who knows why.

"If you want me to go I will." I told her shyly.

As I said that Lena walked to her kitchen, and stayed facing the complete opposite way from me.

"No, I think we really need to have a conversation. I know we've had plenty, but this time just from the heart. We can cry as much as we need to, shout as much as we need to. Do whatever, especially without cameras spying on us."

"Oh uh yeah sure. I don't mind. Go ahead, Lena."

Silence overtook the room as we stood there. I was looking at the ground, she was looking away from me.

"I don't let my guard down, ever, and I.." I could tell she was trying to fight back tears, because so was I. "I did with you, and.. and you betrayed me. I let you in and you lied to me, everyday, to my face about who you was. And that's what hurts, Kara. You've made me believe that, whatever we had, was just a lie."

"Lena.." I sighed.

Lena turned around to face me, she took two steps forward and we were closer than we've been before. I was still looking at the ground, too anxious to look directly at her. She placed her hand under my chin and lifted my face up to look at her. Tears just kept falling down my face, they were uncontrollable. She gave me an apologetic look, then proceeded with the conversation.

"I'm sure you have more reasons to as why you kept what you did from me, and I'm sure the reasons you gave me before are valid, but.. I have even more reasons to why I shouldn't forgive you. And why I'm as sad and as mad as I am."

My look of hope quickly faded away after Lena said what she just said. I had an urge to just say those three words. I love you. But was I brave enough? No. Would she believe me? Probably not. That hurts to know. Or at least to just think. There's no way she would ever forgive me.

This process.. it's not easy, but here we are.

"I'm so sorry." I blurted out as my voice broke.

I meant it, more than anything. Of course I did. We stayed looking into each other's eyes, the only sound was us trying our hardest not to cry as much as we wanted and needed too.

Minutes after she then cupped my face in her hands. And she pulled my forehead close to hers. They touched, she wiped my tears away.

"Why did a Luthor have to love a Super?" She whispered. But of course I heard it.

She pulled away fast and walked across her to her kitchen after she realised what was happening.

"You need to go, Kara. Please."

"Lena.." It was quiet for a split second. I let out a cry.

"Please just go."

So I did. I just left. I could hear her sobbing after I left. Why did I do this? I hate myself.

———————————————————————
i'm sorry this chapter is so late. however, i hope you enjoy. - j x