Chapter #5

🎨Artist of Story Cover - Novella Art (Twitter)
Please notify me if you are the artist and wish to have your art removed.

*

July, 6th - Monday

The sun shined brightly overhead, it's hot rays bathing the city with warmth and excitement. The air was crisp, fresh and clean; it was slightly windy but not too harsh a wind. The occasional breeze would flow in from one direction and cool down the perspiration that accumulated from the heated weather. Animals and plants alike flushed with newfound glow, the leaves unbelievably green and lush, no tree left untouched without the presence of a bird and it's nest. To humans, it was the perfect climate for enjoying the time of their life; perhaps touring the city, hiking with friends or swimming in the ocean. Most students from school and universities would be on their second week of enjoying the clear weather of their vacation while the staff and some students of Kyojin University had their own priorities concerning their campus, obstructed from appreciating the gifts of nature.

"So much for a vacation," Levi muttered under his breath as he parked his car inside the university grounds.

This holiday month was turning out to be a waste of time. He couldn't enjoy his student free days happily because as a staff member, his participation in the workshop that was taking place in the university was compulsory. Although it was only once a week, he was upset that he had to be constantly stuck with Hange. The woman wouldn't leave him alone to be at peace, the word a foreign term to the carefree, meddling scientist.

"Levi! Bad Shorty! You ran off like a hare last night and didn't respond to any of my calls!" she cried as she fell into step with him.

"You're a fucking nut-head." Hange looked offended.

"But why?!"

Levi glared at her and flicked her forehead sharply, making her yelp. "You lied about yesterday. L/N didn't have a date and you are the one that dragged her to the lingerie store. Care to explain your side of the story, shithead?" he hissed.

He could visibly observe the brunette's forehead dampen with sweat and rolled his eyes. Stomping away from the annoying woman, he made his way to the main auditorium.

"Levi, wait! Look, I only said the lingerie thing because I wanted to see how you'd react! And boy, did you react! But she did go on a date! She said she had a 'meeting'," quoted Hange.

"The meeting was a dinner with her family, idiot. Not a date!"

"Huh? What?! How do you know?!"

"I found her drinking in a bar I was heading to at around ten in the night. She could barely stand so I took her home. She drunk babbled some things, your lies included," said Levi, walking up the stairs.

Hange face-palmed herself. "Ah fuck. Well, what happened? What else did she say? And why was she drinking alone instead of spending time with her family?"

"Why the fuck would I tell you? Now leave me alone. The sight of you is giving me a headache."

But Hange leeched onto Levi's arm, her dirty mind spinning curiously about the possible outcomes that could have taken place the night before.

"Did you have drunk sex? Did you confess? Did you kiss? Oh my God! I need to know!" she whined.

I wish, thought Levi.

"No! Now get off me!"

He shrugged her off and sat down between two other teachers so Hange couldn't follow and sit next to him. He heard her muttering angrily and smirked, relieved that he would be free of her annoying chatter for the next few hours.