18 | The One with the Wedding Preparations

NOTICE: Hot content ahead! This chapter contains mild sexual depictions. Read at your own discretion. 

Shree groaned as she snuggled into the bed, pulling the blanket to her as light filled the room, coaxing her from her deep sleep. Shree opened her eyes as an soon as she realized the bed's headboard in a shape that is not like her's. She sat up on the bed and looked around the unfamiliar large room with wooden and beige furnishing. There are a few crushed cans of coke and beer lying on the carpeted floor with empty boxes of pizza lying wide open. Beautifully wrapped boxes and bags with expensive brands addressed to her sat on the plushy sofas. She was wearing her micro bikini that hardly covered her body. She blushed and pulled the sheet to her.

Last night came flooding into her mind. As a part of a dare of a game she was forced to call her ex-boyfriend and scold him in filth, but she was drunk beyond her wits and she called Madhav instead. Madhav, realizing she got drunk at the party had entered the venue. He walked towards her looking reprimanding at her. She smiled at him like a goose before passing out. He caught her before she fell on the tiled floor and he took her to his room draping her in his brown jacket.

She got startled as she heard the indistinct voice of a male coming from the balcony. The door to the balcony was slightly opened. She walked towards the door and through the small opening she saw a man- Madhav, in a black tee-shirt and khaki shorts arguing with someone over the phone.

"No-No! I don't need your apologies Ms. Patkar, I didn't expect such negligence coming from you, especially when I entrusted you with my fiancée. I clearly said NO ALCOHOL!"

An unswallowable lump settled in her throat as she realized that Madhav was talking to Ahaana, Ahaana Patkar, her best friend. "Pray tell me, is this how you keep up to your word, Miss Patkar? I am very disappointed and displeased with you and Miss Prasad."

'Miss Prasad' the words sent a strange rush of alienation across her. Madhav called her by her initials when she was new to the company and whenever she got into trouble, for instance when she showed him the incorrect sheet of records or when she messed up his Starbucks coffee order. He called her 'Shree' only occasionally.

Following their confession and their subsequent engagement, she was 'Shree' to him, until now. He did call her Miss Prasad, but that was purely to tease and when he introduced her to the preshoot crew.

The last image that flashed in her eyes was his angry and furious face. His deep black eyes glared, anger welled up in his chest and he literally burned with rage, wordless with fury. He was frightening than ever.

"You're up!" Madhav remarked blankly as he walked in, startling Shree. He was wearing a black tee-shirt with Iron Man's face on the front and his jet black hair a complete mess.

"Uhm-Ah-Yeah. Good morning." She stammered as he walked in without replying. He's mad, that's obvious. "Madhav are you upset about-"

"Go shower and change into something decent first!" he dismissed her curtly as he fought the urge to look at her well rounded breasts and her firm buttocks. "Your clothes are in that brown bag on the sofa."

Shree walked towards the sofa when he announced. "No, let's have some breakfast before you shower. Sit!"

Shree obeyed and took her seat opposite Madhav. On the small square table facing the window, he laid out a box of cheese pizza and a few chappatis he ordered from the hotel before she woke up. There were two Styrofoam cups of coffee from Café Coffee Day. Shree didn't eat, even touch the food, instead she sat and looked at him as he slowly and silently ate.

"Madhav, I can explain, I swear I didn't intend to-"

"YOU DISOBEYED ME!" Madhav yelled, as he stood up, anger flowed and thrummed through his vein. He landed his fist on the table with a bang. Shree's fear spiked as she suppressed a shiver that ran down her spine. His towering height, his angry face and his loud voice made her flinched and she was too frightened to look up at him. "WHEN I SAY NO ALCOHOL I FUCKING MEAN IT!"