Chapter #8

🎨Artist of Story Cover - tkjn821 (Twitter)
Please notify me if you are the artist and wish to have your art removed.

*

August, 7th - Friday

Contrary to Levi's stressing about the time, it wasn't too late. The sun was almost setting, bathing the sky in shades of orangish yellow and pinkish blue. It was getting darker and there were very little people roaming about the university. You were glad that your hair and attire made you seem more older than how you would usually look like. If anyone were to see you, they would think that it was two Professors leaving the building after finishing up their work.

Both of you got into his car and Levi pulled out into the street, driving slowly. You furrowed your brows in confusion. I thought he would go faster because both of us are clearly horny. But he's going at a snail's pace.

"So, what now?" he asked, breaking the silence.

Ah. He wants to talk. You heaved a large sigh.

"Hang on." You looked out on both sides and then scanned the back of the road. "Okay. Good. We're safe."

"Tch. We aren't in an action film. No one is following us."

"Hey, you never know. It never hurt to be paranoid. Can we talk when we're out of this particular area?" He grunted and sped up, escaping the university location and heading towards his neighborhood as you had instructed. Once he had driven a good deal away from the campus, he addressed you once more.

"Well? What do we do now?" he asked again.

"Do you like me?" you asked blankly.

"What?" he said, after a small pause.

"Did I stutter? Do. You. Like. Me? Or did you just have sex with me because I was an easy lay and offered myself to you? There's no wrong answer. I'll take anything." You couldn't believe that you were coming out so forwardly, reaching out to him with a no-nonsense attitude. But that was your personality and now that things had already escalated to this point, there was no need in hiding your true feelings anymore.

Levi exhaled and he blinked a few times, knowing where this conversation was going. You were questioning him about the state of their relationship and how you would move forward after this entanglement. But he didn't like how you labelled yourself as an easy lay.

"You're not an easy lay! You have the wrong assumption."

"So I'm a hard lay?" you teased.

Levi glared at you and snapped in annoyance. "This is a serious conversation, brat. I'm not joking around."

"I'm not joking around either. You haven't really given me anything to go by with your vague answers and your oh so brilliant idea to ignore me after that night. So obviously, I'm going to assume the worst. Do you consider me more than a student or a sexual partner?"

There was only silence as the short man tried to find a way to word his feelings without sounding like an idiot. This confrontation was such a new level of terror. He couldn't understand why his mouth wouldn't open and confess his undying love for you. Tch, that's so cliché. And creepy. She'll run away if I do that. What the hell do I say?! Fortunately for him, you became impatient with his silence and made it easy for him to address your concerns.

"Ugh, fine. I don't give a fuck if you hit me for this because I'm a grown student and I should have known better but I'm going to be frank with you. I have developed strong feelings for you, Levi. I don't want you just for sex. I want a relationship with you." Strong feelings, my ass. You're in love with the man.