Epilogue

I was sitting cross legged on the floor busy setting up a video call with my baby in my arms.

I pressed call waiting for an answer while he was trying to wiggle out of my arms when the the call was picked up, I saw the face of my wonderful husband; Derick.

"Hi" he smiled.
"Hey, how was the flight?" I asked, it's his first time away from the two of us.

"It went smoothly, how have you two been doing these past three days?"
"We've been fine, right Chris? Come on baby, say hi to daddy" I prompted my little Christopher.
"Hey buddy! How are you? Daddy misses you so much!" His eyes softened just from looking at him.

Chris looked at the screen while sucking on his hand, I kissed his cheek while grabbing his other hand and waved it making him pull out of my grip forcefully and I smiled knowing I annoyed him.

"It hasn't been long and I miss the both of you already, when is your mom coming over?" He asked still ogling over Chris.

"Tomorrow, and we miss you too, he doesn't look it but he's tired because he refused to take a nap this afternoon, but then again, he's been sleeping with mommy for the past three days now" I said wiggling him around in the air making him smile.

"Have you been giving mommy trouble young man?" Derick said, playfully wagging his finger, even though he knows Chris doesn't even understand.

"How can a five month old be so big already? I haven't gotten enough of him" I said smiling at my baby.
"I told you to stop working until he was at least two years old"
"I'm not leaving you alone with so much work, you're already so tired, not to mention I don't want another assistant around you" I pouted towards the end.

"No need to get so jealous wifey, I have eyes on you alone and about the tiredness; it's nothing I'm not used to" he chuckled.

The bags under his eyes told me he was more tired than usual.

"I'm sorry we're taking up your resting time even though you're so tired, how can there be two meetings right after landing?! That's ridiculous!"
"I agree it is ridiculous and you don't have to apologize for anything, on the contrary, seeing you and Chris gives me more energy than two cups of coffee, knowing I'm going through this to give you two a comfortable life makes it all worth it"

"I love you Derick" I said softly.
"I love you more my precious Jewel"

It was late at night and Chris started fussing like crazy.

I held him in a rocking position and saw that he was opening and closing his mouth, a sign that he's hungry.

"Is he hungry?"
I nodded.
"Duty calls" I chuckled.
Neither of us moved.
"I don't want to cut the call" I admitted.
"Me neither, do you mind keeping the call open until I fall asleep? Feed him right here, nothing new to me, I just want the both of you by my side"

I'll be honest it's lonely without him around, don't get me wrong, Chris is a handful but between the two of us he was easy to take care of, I don't know how I got so lucky to have a baby that doesn't cry every second or doesn't fuss around strangers.

Then again just because he doesn't cry doesn't mean he actually sleeps.

"Okay" I smiled.

I started breast feeding him and I looked down to see his beautiful blue eyes watching me, I rubbed his cheek and stroked his head full of fuzzy brown hair.

He has more of my features than Derick's, my eye shape, my nose, my lips and my hair color, he has his dad's eye color and face shape.

I think he'll be quite the looker if I do say so myself.