29. Goodbye Lover, Goodbye Friend

HEY. HEY. Eight chapters left :D START GUESSING who's the STD culprit (They have already been introduced to the story and the same for the person that person recieved it from) and guess the texter ha In like two chapters I'm revealing the culprit :D GUESS, GUESS, GUESS! XD And VOTE, VOTE, VOTE. Stay STD free <3

It was like that scene in a movie where the main character killed someone and everyone judged her. It was like that scene in a movie where the most popular girl in the whole school got knocked down to loserville. I closed my locker shut, turning around to gaze back at all of the people staring at me.

Now, it wasn’t like ten people or twenty people, it was the entire school. I mean, who cares if ten people look at you? But the whole school? No, not cool. This was freaking creepy. What if there was a horrible rumor about me or something? What did I do to become noticed? Lately, people say hi to me and I don’t even know who they are, but having everyone staring at me was beyond weird.

Also, they weren’t glaring, or whispering things behind my back. They were looking at me as if they were merely curious of my existence. They were checking out my wardrobe. Good thing I decided to wear one of the new outfits Anna, Ashley, Bryson, and Cole bought me. They were looking at my wavy blonde hair, they were checking me out. Oh my God, I’m going to have a panic attack. I can’t handle this pressure. This was what celebrities experienced every day, with the addition of screaming fans.

I clutched my history book to my chest, squashing my boobs and ran my free hand nervously through my hair. I don’t know what I’m supposed to do and I have no idea why everyone was staring at me. God, this was crazy. Time to brace the crowd. With a roll of my shoulders, I pushed my way through the unmoving people.

“Oh, you’re so pretty, Ryder and you are cute together.” A blonde smiled at me. What. The. Hell?

“Hannah, right? I always knew Ryder and you would get together.”

“Ryder and you are so cute.”

“I’m so happy for Ryder and you.”

“I’m glad Ryder found you.”

Oh. My. God. How in the hell did word get around so freaking fast? The only people who knew were Anna, Ashley, Omunique, and Quinton. High school, the place where nothing can stay confined. God, this wasn’t supposed to be a huge deal. Why was it such a big deal?

Ryder’s laughter rang out from down the hall and I turned around to head the other way. Must avoid, must avoid!

“Hannah!” he called out, making me stop in my tracks. Crapsauce! He stopped before me, a huge smile on his face.

“Hi, Ryder.” I smiled a little back. Something was brewing in the pit of my stomach. Nerves?

“Dude, this is creepy the way everyone is staring at us. It’s like you have a disease that no one wants to catch.”

“Resident Evil type shit?” I laughed and he joined in. I shrugged. “Oh well, let’s go before the bell rings.”

Ryder slipped his hand in mine and the feeling in my stomach expanded, making me cough to get rid of it, then I scratched my head, and then I took a deep breath. Okay, it’s definitely not nerves.

Ryder and I made small talk on our way to class and he stopped at the doorway to my Pre-Cal class. I looked up at him. “Bye.” I snorted.

He laughed. “You’re silly, Hannah.” Before I could say anything else, he pressed his lips to mine, and I gasped, allowing him to slip his tongue in. A couple of bystanders whispered and giggled, staring at us as if we were a zoo attraction. I pulled away from him.