Is This Figureoutable?

A/N: Hey people! Here's the next token of Raghav and Himani, it's a quite lengthy chapter. I have also written the part where Himani returns, but I was hesitant to add it to this chapter since this is like super-long.

Glossary:

Kichdi-  It is a breakfast dish made with semolina and desired vegetables in South India.

Vadai- Donut shaped savory dish made from lentils.

Pallavi- The starting stanza of a song that keeps repeating through out the song.

Dappanguthu- It is a folk dance, and music genre performed in South India, and very popular in Tamil cinema.

Dandanakka- It is a word used to emphasize the percussion of drums, usually in folk songs.

12. Is This Figureoutable?

"Meena, have you started from home?"

Khushi asked tentatively, when Meena had picked the call at the final ring.

Sat on her bike, holding her dislodged helmet with a hand, and managing the handle bar with the other, Meena pressed the phone to her shoulders. "Yes, Khushi. I just dropped Mudra at school," she managed to answer, amidst the noise of buses and motorcycles buzzing brusque and far-off. Khushi sat still as if something confusing going on in that pretty mind of hers.

And, clearly, the enlightening did not alleviate it.

Usually, she never called Meena or Raghav at this time in the morning. She knew either of them would be driving. But today, abstaining herself from calling them, was the last thing she could think of.

She had tried calling Raghav first—and when he had not answered the call twice, she'd dialled Meena.

Frowning upon the silence—and a little upon the glaring nine O'clock skies that threatened to blind her eyes, Meena prompted, "Should I pick you up or something? You never call me at this time. What happened Khushi, are you alright?" Meena was genuinely puzzled with the call and the silence that followed.

Khushi simply stared at the booting desktop in front of her, before she skated her chair closer to her desk. "I have reached office. Dev dropped me off," she responded offhandedly. Whilst Meena was starting to brood over the flat tone, she added hastily, without a breathing spell. "Meena, can you pick up some chocolates on your way to office?"

An amused smile followed through the confused look on Meena's face.

She'd never seen Khushi eat chocolates in the longest time they'd known each other. Hating chocolates was, perchance, an anomaly—but Khushi did it strictly. She'd never envisioned herself munching on a chocolate anyday. Today the image of that damned thing was distracting her too much, and she could barely stop herself from pining for it.

Foreseeing how her reminder would miff her did not stop Meena from saying it. "Khushi, you hate chocolates!" She notified with a gentle laugh.

Khushi, as if she was uncertain about it, wrinkled her nose. "I know right! But I feel like eating them today."

Meena couldn't stop the smile rising on her lips, despite standing under the scorching sun. "Alright, I will pick up some on my way to the office," she affirmed cheerfully.

The feeling of sleek, sweet surface melt gloriously in her mouth as she'd bite into the chocolate bar starting to invade her senses, Khushi chirped brightly into the phone, "Thank you, Meena. Come soon."