Chapter Eight

Makoto was making her usual rounds when she heard glass break followed by a scream. She ran in time to see a male student run away from Sadayo Kawakami's classroom in a panic. Makoto hurriedly went inside.

    "Ms. Kawakami, what happened?!"

    Sadayo was on the ground with shock on her face and close by was an overturned table with shards from a broken mug scattered below the white board.

    "That student..." Sadayo stuttered, "I was explaining the issues with his grades and he got so mad! He took my mug right out my hands and threw in then flipped the table!"

    Makoto hurriedly helped Sadayo up. "You're not hurt are you?"

    "N-No..."

    "I'm gonna try and stop him, sit tight!"

    Makoto ran out of the room and in the direction the student went. This was the fourth time she's heard of a student acting aggressively. Something bad was going around and it was only getting worse. Makoto looked all around, but the student seemed to disappear out of thin air.

    "Damn it... I'll have to report this. Huh?"

    Her phone was buzzing in her pocket. Makoto took it out and answered, eyes still going over the campus grounds for the student.

    "Hello?"

    "M-Makoto...?"

    "Haru? Babe, what's wrong?"

    "I-I did something bad..."

    Makoto raised an eyebrow. "What happened? Are you ok? Where are you?"

    Haru's voice shook. It sounded like she was crying.

    "I didn't mean to do it! I don't know what I was thinking!" Haru sobbed, "What's wrong with me Makoto...? Please help me!"

    "Where are you right now?"

    "O-Our dorm..."

    "I'm coming."

    Makoto glanced back hesitantly at the campus grounds, thinking about how scared Sadayo probably was and the violent student she had yet to identify.

    Regrettably, she broke out into a run towards the girls dormitories.

————

    The sound of pencils scratching on paper seemed to be the only thing keeping Ren at ease. That and the sound of Yusuke's voice as he hummed to himself. Ren glanced up from his sketchbook to watch as Yusuke put away some art supplies, continuing to hum, possibly not realizing he was doing it. Ren cracked a smile before he resumed drawing.

    "You've got such a soothing voice," he said.

    "Oh, do I?" Yusuke laughed, "You're not the first to say that. Does everyone really think it's soothing?"

    "Hell yeah. You could do ASMR with a voice like that,"

    "I ought to consider that,"

    Yusuke put up another box before stretching his arms and going to see what Ren was drawing. All over the page were lovely designs for luxurious ball gowns.

    "They're beautiful," he said with a grin.

    "You think so? I'm not too sure about some of these,"

    "This one right here, I'd wear that one. It's very pretty."

    "Ah...!"

    When Yusuke pointed out one of the designs his chest met Ren's back. His hand grazed Ren's arm when he pulled it back. His other hand was leaning on the table, caging Ren in. He tensed up at the familiar contact, stealing a few nervous glances at Yusuke. Ren let out a gasp when he felt lips brush against his neck and turned his head away.