WHAT HAVE YOU DONE

It was still dark when Pepper gently shook Peter awake to tell him breakfast was ready. The teenager sat bolt upright, his mouth open as of he were about to start screaming. Pepper smiled gently. She knew all about bad dreams; her husband had them for months after he had lost Peter and nearly died in space himself. They became less frequent in the years between then and when he saved the boy, but there had still been times when she'd wake up to Tony screaming or crying in his sleep. The dreams were always about Peter.
"Be there in a sec'," Peter told her quietly, trying to block out images of the dream as Pepper nodded her understanding and returned to the kitchen, where many other voices could be heard.
With a sigh, Peter rose and stretched. Wow, even Spiderman could get sore after sleeping on a hard couch in a bad position.
As he trudged warily through to the kitchen, Peter noticed the rest of his classmates were all present in the kitchen except for Ned which was a little odd. Somebody had made enough scrambled eggs to feed an entire army, and Peter realised suddenly how hungry he was.
"You okay?" MJ asked, gently placing a hand on his arm as he sat down beside her. Peter nodded, sending her his bestattemot at a smile as he reached toward the eggs.
"Just tired," he said. Okay, so maybe he wasn't just tired, but he didn't want to get into that right now. Not in front of everyone, especially Flash and Brad. Why did he bring them along again?
"Want some?" Betty asked, holding oit a mug of coffee towards Peter. He started to shake his head but that just stirred up the soreness from sleeping on the couch. Groaning internally, Peter took the mug and started to fill down the scolding contents.
"Slow down there, Tiger," MJ chuckled. "Should you really be drinking coffee?"
"Someone gave him coffee?"
At the sound of Happy's voice, oddly distressed for such a statement, the room went silent.
"Oh, no, not this again," Pepper gasped. She moved in from one side, a hand outreached towards the mug as Happy came at it from the other side. Everyone was frozen in confusion except MJ who was trying to pry Peter's fingers from the mug. Unsuccessfully. With a final, audible gulp he let MJ have it.
"Empty," she stated. Pepper and Happy groaned and Happy turned away, muttering to himself about how much he regretted picking up Peter if this was how he was going to be repaid.
"What's the big deal, it's just coffee," Brad scoffed. "What, midget here can't handle a little caffeine?"
"It's not the midget that's the problem with the caffeine," Pepper explained, sounding exasperated. "The caffeine reacts badly with his spider gene."
"I wonder what a spider would do if you gave it coffee..." Flash mused.
"I think you're about to find out," MJ said regretfully as Peter rose from his chair. His eyes were wide, pupils dilated as they flickered wildly around the room before Peter leaped onto the table. From there he shot a web to the light above and swung around a couple of times before pulling himself up to cling to the light.
"What the... " Brads mouth hung open, as did Flash's. As Peter spidercrawled across the wall Flash landed face first in his plate of eggs. At least he was sitting down.
Everybody, aside from Flash, ran after Peter as he scaled the ceiling... Straight towards the open window on the other side of the living room.
There was a thhundering on the stairs that stopped everyone in their tracks, even Peter. And then Ned appeared, very out of breath and very angry.
"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?" Ned bellowed. "Who gave him coffee?"