Chapter 3

Nishinoya Yuu didn't seem like one of the stalker types. Hitomi really hoped that he wasn't, but she grew uneasy at seeing him waiting outside of the convenience store.

His eyes lit up when he saw her. Both of his arms flew up into the air, energetically waving at her. His laughter reached Hitomi's ears.

The girl blinked a couple times, trying to figure out the best course of action. After a moment of thought, she turned around and prepared to head back home. She could live without some snacks for a couple of days.

Her actions caused Nishinoya to shout in surprise, and he chased after her. "Hey, wait! Where you going?!" He skid to a halt just in front of her.

Hitomi backed away so that they wouldn't be so close. "Somewhere not here." She coldly answered.

Nishinoya just tilted his head in confusion, completely glossing over her unwelcoming tone. "But you just got here! You can't leave!" He exclaimed, wildly gesturing to the convenience store.

Just like the last time, Hitomi stepped to the side and passed him. "I can, and I will." She felt a pair of hands on her wrist, tugging her backwards. Thin and almost bony, yet incredibly warm.

She swerved her head back, glaring at the boy. "Don't make me call the police this time."

Nishinoya immediately released his grip, his hands flying into the air as if in surrender. "Woah! Okay, okay! Sorry! But really, you just got here! You need to buy some stuff, right?" He asked innocently.

Well, it's not like she just walked to the convenience store for no reason, but it also didn't mean she absolutely had to buy anything. It would be a shame to go back home empty-handed and with a stomach devoid of snacks, but she could always send one of the servants at another time if she really wanted to. That just wasn't something she often did.

This little walk to the convenience store and buying whatever snack she wanted – even though it may be rather mundane to most – was the closest thing to being 'average' that Hitomi could ever do.

She didn't want to give that up so easily.

It appeared that Nishinoya had not made the connection that his appearance caused Hitomi's sudden change in plans. He was genuinely confused, leading her to believe that he had no ill intentions.

Still, it was a bit weird that he had clearly been waiting outside the store for her. How long had he been there? How many days had he come by? He had only seen her once, so there was no way he had known anything about her habits. Not only that, but today wasn't even the same day of the week that she had come last time, nor was it the same time of day.

This boy was either very lucky or just very diligent.

Hitomi sighed, not responding to him and walked back towards the store. Nishinoya smiled brightly, following her like a puppy. "Welcome." They were greeted by the cashier in a less than enthusiastic manner.

What Hitomi liked about this store in particular was not only its close proximity to her home, but the fact that it often had female employees. She had much less to worry about if there wasn't a man behind the register.

Of course, there was always a chance that there were people that swung the other way. It was just far less common.

Besides, Hitomi had politely asked the manager for the workers' schedules every month. Though a very odd and perhaps illegal request, the male manager eagerly obliged, hoping to gain some brownie points with such a beautiful girl.

Hitomi only visited the store on days when a female cashier was employed. So far, none of them had expressed an interest in her in a romantic way. So, she would continue to follow the schedule.