thirteen ; the goblet of fire

————————————

————————————

Aurora Areli

"I DON'T BELIEVE IT!" Ron said, in an astounded voice, as we filed back up the steps behind the Durmstrang party. "Krum! Viktor Krum!"

"For heaven's sake, Ron, he's only a Quidditch player," Hermione said.

"Only a Quidditch player?" Ron said, looking at her as though he couldn't believe his ears. "Hermione — he's one of the best Seekers in the world! I had no idea he was still at school!"

As we recrossed the Entrance Hall with the rest of the Hogwarts students towards the Great Hall, I saw Lee jumping up and down on the soles of his feet to get a better look at the back of Krum's head. Several sixth-year girls were frantically searching their pockets as they walked —

"Oh, I don't believe it, I haven't got a single quill on me —"

"D'you think he'd sign my hat in lipstick?"

"Really," Hermione said loftily, as we passed the girls, now squabbling over the lipstick.

"I'm getting his autograph if I can," Ron said, "you haven't got a quill, have you, Harry?"

"Nope, they're upstairs in my bag," Harry said.

"Rory?"

"No, sorry," I told him, before smiling mischievously. "But maybe those girls'll let you borrow their lipstick."

"Shut up," Ron muttered, as Harry and Hermione laughed.

We walked over to the Gryffindor table and sat down. Ron made sure to sit on the side facing the doorway, because Krum and his fellow Durmstrang students were gathered around it, apparently unsure about where they should sit. The students from Beauxbatons had chosen seats at the Ravenclaw table. They were looking around the Great Hall with glum expressions on their faces. Three of them were still clutching scarves and shawls around their heads.

"It's not that cold," Hermione said irritably, watching them. "Why didn't they bring cloaks?"

I shrugged. "They're probably just not used to the weather in Scotland."

"Over here! Come and sit over here!" Ron hissed. "Hermione, budge up, make a space —"

"What?"

"Too late," Ron said bitterly.

Viktor Krum and his fellow Durmstrang students had settled themselves at the Slytherin table. I could see Malfoy, Crabbe and Goyle looking very smug about this. Atticus seemed to be very pleased as well, and was already conversing with some of them. As I watched, Malfoy bent forwards to speak to Krum.

"Yeah, that's right, smarm up to him, Malfoy," Ron said scathingly. "I bet Krum can see right through him, though . . . bet he gets people fawning over him all the time . . . where d'you reckon they're going to sleep? We could offer them a space in our dormitory, Harry . . . I wouldn't mind giving him my bed, I could kip on a camp-bed."