𝐸𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉

TOGETHER AGAIN

     AFTER SPENDING ALL that time apart, avoiding each other, Tommy and Deborah had learnt they had a lot to catch up on

     AFTER SPENDING ALL that time apart, avoiding each other, Tommy and Deborah had learnt they had a lot to catch up on. When they woke up past noon, due to them laughing and talking till all hours of the morning, Tommy had suggested they stayed in for the day. Deborah was delighted by the idea and offered to make them a delicious lunch.

The two were currently spread out across Deborah's old, red couch. Tommy was sprawled out on his back, with Deborah lying between his legs, with her chin propped up against his chest. She beamed up at his as he told her another story from when they were teens, before they had gotten together.

Tommy struggled to contain his laughter as he explained how a drunk Arthur tried to beat up their neighbour for eying Deborah. Her heart fluttered at how relaxed he looked and the grin on his lips red lips. It was a massive change from the Tommy she had seen since his return, but a great change.

However, their time together didn't last much longer, when a bang came from Deborah's front door. Tommy immediately searched for his gun, but she assured him it was probably Polly, wondering why she didn't come visit this morning.

Once she was sure Tommy wasn't going to attack the person at the door, Deborah left him to go answer it. The sighted of a breathless young Finn at her doorstep confused her, he looked flustered and ready to collapse.

"Finn, what's wrong?" She questioned, crouching down in front of the boy.

"I can't find Tommy anywhere!" Finn exclaimed, throwing his hands in the air. "Have you seen him?"

Before Deborah could reply, Tommy appeared behind her at the door. "What is it Finn?" He asked, helping Deborah to her feet.

Finn looked beyond relieved to see his older brother, but he did look confused. "What are you doing here?" His eyes flickered down to the arm that Tommy wrapped around Deborah's waist.

"None of your business." Tommy said, raising an eyebrow as if daring his brother to test him. "Why are you here?" He asked, annoyed by the interruption.

"Tommy." Deborah warned, jabbing him in the side. "What is it Finny?" She said to the boy.

"They found them, Tommy." Finn finally revealed. "They found the guns."

Tommy didn't need to be told twice and soon the three of them were rushing off towards the graveyard, just outside Small Heath. Deborah was aware of how the men hide the guns, after Arthur ran his mouth a few weeks ago. It was a genius plan, hiding them in Danny's fake grave.

"Fuck." Tommy cursed, when they finally reached the freshly dug ground.

Deborah, who stood behind Finn, with her arms wrapped around him, watched as Tommy paced. They were in trouble now, all of them, and Campbell wouldn't stop until he got what he wanted - the Shelby's rotting in jail.