- PART 11 -

THEO

THEO

~

MY HANDS WOULDN'T STOP shaking. Since waking up from a restless sleep early this morning, the annoying devices had yet to lay still. All day, I had been hiding out in the Potions classroom. Somehow, it had passed my mind completely that Snape had excused me from my classes that day to help him with some complex potion. It was for the Third years, and I was tasked with being an assistant.

It was nearly fun, despite needing to wear my glasses (the fumes stung my eyes too much) and the greasy texture my hair had by lunch. Mostly, I was helping annoying children and hearing them call me 'Medusa'. Because I could turn anyone to stone with one glare. I liked it.

It reassured me that nobody noticed the shakiness of my hands or when my voice broke every once in a while. Still, this overpowering feeling that something bad was going to happen was overwhelming.

I was dismissed before dinner began, but it ended up taking half the meal for me to get my hair back to normal, so I spent the time in my bathroom with cramping fingers and pruney toes. When I finally was content with the outcome, I left for the Great Hall in pajama shorts and a large t-shirt, my jacket over it. I was far too tired to care about my slipper-clad feet or the droplets of water of the glasses I still wore.

I sat next to Cedric, ignoring the rules because— although I would never tell him —I just really needed a friend at the moment. And he was my only one.

My fellow Champion was the opposite of me at the moment; his uniform was nearly perfect, hair messy in a way that seemed to be by design, and a bright grin was painted across his face. He said nothing in question of why I was joining him or wearing pajamas, just grinned further and threw an arm around my shoulder.

I felt calm for the first time all day.

Until an annoyance showed up, camera in hand.

"Picture? Picture for—"

"Sure, kid." Cedric beamed, pulling me up.

I opened my mouth to protest, but the puppy-dogged look he sent me made my cold heart melt just a little bit. I sighed, letting him stand me in front of him, arms wrapping around my shoulders. I looked up with him, sending the unbelievably tall boy a grin. I couldn't help it, his smile was contagious. He was a disease and I was infected.

A bright flash signaled the picture had been taken, the light blinding me for a second. Blinking the spots from my eyes, I watched as the small child scurried away with a grin. I snorted, rolling my eyes as Cedric and I separated.

Dinner was nearly over, and I was ready for bed. I looked to the copper-haired boy in question, gesturing towards the doors. "You wanna sneak into my dorm? Kia will sleep until noon if she has the chance, and the others all won't say shit."

"Actually, I have a better idea," He offered another blinding grin, pulling me by the hand outside the Hall.

Ducking through halls and away from teachers, we soon found ourselves outside a very familiar place.

__

The Room of Requirement was not empty when we arrived. Instead, surprisingly, four other people were lounging on beds in the large room. Six lay around the room, blankets and pillows galore. I raised an eyebrow, recognizing the Champions from Durmstang and Beauxbatons.

"What's going on?" I looked at Cedric in confusion. "Are we having a slumber party?"

"Spot on, Dosie. Pick a bed."

I just stood there, staring at the five teenagers who decided to have a sleepover". "Are you serious? We're— we're rivals. Tomorrow we compete against each other—"

"But tonight, ve party," One of the two french girls smiled. I couldn't remember which was which anymore.

"Yeah, right." I scoffed, turning around to leave.

I really was going to go. I was. But then—

"Dosie . . . "

I couldn't.