TWENTY-FOUR: nearly headless finn

"Finn?" I hear a couple voices whisper from the dark.

"Yeah?" I whisper as my eyes get used to the darkness.

I hear footsteps walk closer to me and I see my dad appear from the shadows. I run up to him and give him a hug. He pulls me in close and whispers, "I'm so glad your ok"

I pull away from the hug and look at his face. It's worn out with worry and sadness and topped with a layer of dirt. It's almost as if it's been years since I've seen him. "I'm here dad" I said before turning around to look around the train car.

I see silhouettes of people sitting in the corners of the car. I walk closer to get a better look but I'm cut off by arms wrapping around me from the side. I don't even have to turn my head to know who it is because I feel the sheriff's hat resting against my head as the boy buries his face in my shoulder. I turn around and embrace the boy in a hug, wrapping my good arm around his back and resting my head on his shoulder.

"I was so worried Finn" Carl whispers in my ear.

I pull away from the hug and look him in the eyes. I rest my hand on his shoulders and whisper, "I'm ok, Sheriff"

The boy gives me a little laugh and wraps his arm around my shoulder. "Come here. I have to show you something" he says as he leads me to the far side of the car.

We get closer to the wall and I start to make out the faces of the people sitting against it. "Glenn? Maggie?" I whisper. The two people get up and embrace me in a quick group hug. "I'm so glad you made it out"

"I'm glad you're ok" Glenn says patting me on the back.

I look around the rest of the car and notice the familiar faces of Bob and Sasha and I also notice a couple of new faces.

"Who are they?" I ask Glenn and Maggie.

Maggie looks at me and replies, "They're our friends. They helped save us"

"Yeah," I hear my dad say from behind me, "Now they're friends of ours."

The new people start standing up and walking towards my dad so I follow. I hear a man with red hair say, "For however long that'll be"

"No" Rick replies quickly, "They'll feel pretty stupid when they find out."

I look around confused and I hear the same man ask, "find out what?"

Rick pauses for a minute and walks over to the train car door. When he turns around, I can see the anger in his eyes. "they're fucking with the wrong people" he growls.

I hear the man with red hair start to tell a story about how his friend has a cure for the whole waker epidemic as I rip the zipper off my jacket hoping it will make a nice weapon.

"So you really have a cure?" I ask the man.

"Yeah. My friend here, Eugene does" he says pointing to a man with a terrible looking mullet.

"Bullshit" I tell the man. If he really had a cure why wasn't he in D.C. already? The man is probably lying to these poor people just so they wouldn't kill him on the spot.