chapter 27

*billies pov*

My mom looks back and forth between Katherine and I, after saying she needed to talk to us. Finneas looked concerned, along with my dad.

"We know about you guys. It's not hard to tell and I'm not sure if you're trying to hide it or not but...Billie-" She pressed her fingers to her temples, sighing.

"If you're going to have sex in the house, atleast maybe play some music." She pauses, "Oh, and Katherine, baby, please try to wear something that covers the purple marks all over you. If anybody were to see that, they'd flip.."

Katherine looked down at the hickeys i'd placed on her only an hour before dinner. Oops.

"Do you approve of it...? Of us, I mean." I asked, looking straight up at her.

"Of course I do. I love Katherine and she's super sweet but Billie you need to remember that you can't be in relationships when it comes to the music industry. You're growing fast. People will catch on and then everybody will know-" I stopped her.

"What? They'll know I like girls? They've all caught on anyways, but I have to keep denying it and saying I'm straight just to please some men in a conference room. It's stupid." I spat out, almost wanting to cry.

I felt Katherine's hand slither down to my thigh, just to comfort me.

"I'm sorry Billie but you really just can't."

~

"This isn't fair." I yelled, slamming my bedroom door. "It's not fair that I can't love you without being shamed or attacked by literally everybody around me. The only reason my supporters even want me to be gay is because they all want me." I plopped down next to Katherine, staring at the ceiling.

"I know. It's not fair and it's stupid, but it isn't going to stop anything. Not for me, at least. I will continue to love you no matter what some old men say. I don't care." She said, turning over to face my cheek.

I smiled at her saying that. She really would do anything to keep me. She's proven that.

"Do you think this is gonna affect me going on tour?" She asked. I didn't even think about that. I didn't want to.

"I think so." I said. I felt myself sinking into my sheets as I said that. I didn't wanna leave her for five months. I can't.

She saw my face start to sadden i'm guessing, because she reached over, placing a kiss on my cheek. She wrapped her arms around my body, pulling me onto hers. As soon as I touched her skin, I couldn't help but to cry.

I sat and cried into her clothes, repeating how it wasn't fair and I just wanted to be with her. I really did.

She held me and spoke when she needed to, but I just needed her to hold me right now. It would be the last time in a while. And that hurts.

We laid like that until I felt better. "Do you wanna go shower? I need to but I don't wanna leave your side." She said, lifting my chin up to look at her.

I nodded, and we both sat up, sitting for a little bit before we went to the bathroom. I grabbed two towels from the racks, and brought them with us. My mom gave me a side-eye from the kitchen, but I didn't care.

We undressed, then we both hopped into the steamy, hot shower. I wrapped my arms around her waist from behind her, kissing her neck slightly. I took her hair in my hands, letting the water hit every strand before lathering shampoo and massaging her scalp. She loves whenever I wash her hair for her.

She turned around after I washed the shampoo out, looking me in the eyes.

"I just want you to know I really love you. More than anything ever." She said, cupping my jaw with her hand.

I smiled, and I moved my face close to hers, touching our noses. "I love you to neptune and back." I said, following a kiss.

"To neptune and back." She whispered back to me, smiling bigger than I've ever seen her smile before.