▪️3 - Safe And Sound▪️

[Petir's POV]

Another two years had passed...

Pretty fast, isn't it?

I still couldn't believe the fact why time is so fast...

And, my current age is now eleven.

While my little brother is five years old.

Currently, I was inside my own room, silently reading a comic book about superheroes and villians while lying down comfortably on my soft bed.

In my room, the walls were all painted black and I kind of added some red lightning streaks for a design to make it cooler. Afterall, my gifted elemental power is lightning.

For my bed, my bed sheets and blanket were also designed the same like the walls of my room.

Of course, my room wouldn't be complete without a wooden wardrobe where all my clothes were orderly and properly stack inside, a black coffee table which was located beside my bed, with a table lamp placed on top designed with some lightning streaks around the black, lamp shade and also, some framed photographs of me and my family together and a framed photo which it only contained a picture of me and my little leaf elemental brother, Daun.

"Petir, honey!" My mom called me from downstairs. "Can you come down here for a sec?" She asked.

"Coming, Mom!" I closed my comic book and immediately got up from my bed. I used my powers to have the ability to teleport downstairs easily and swiftly.

"What do you need, Mom?" I asked.

"Can you buy me these ingredients for me to cook for our lunch later on?" She asked as she handed me a piece of paper, containing the list of ingredients I needed to buy.

I bit my lower lip as I stared at the list of all ingredients I needed to buy for our lunch later on.

"Why there are so many?" I asked as I faced my mother in confusion.

"Because, I will cook you and your brother's favorite dish for later on..." She replied with a warm smile, making me gasped in excitement as I smiled widely.

"No way!" I exclaimed. "Thanks, Mom!" I quickly gave her a warm hug and proceeded to the door with the list of ingredients held in my hand.

I grabbed and twisted the doorknob and pulled the door wide open.

"I wanna come!"

I stopped and turned around, only to see my little brother with a sad pout plastered on his face with both of his hands clasped together in front of him.

"Pwease...?" My little brother pleaded. "Oh pwease, oh pwease, oh pwease...?!"

"You can't, honey..." Our mom declined. "I'm sorry but, you have to stay here where you're safe..." She calmly stated as she looked at Daun.

"But I wanna gwo with bwig bwother..." My little leaf elemental brother's lips quivered as he stared at the floor with his shoulders slouched down. "I wanna bwe with him evwywhere he gwo..."

I smiled sadly as I placed a hand on my little brother's small shoulder and glanced at my mother.

"It's okay, Mom." I softly said. "He can come with me. I'll make sure to keep an eye on him and protect him." I stated, smiling while ruffling the soft hair of my little brother.

Our mother sighed deeply and faced both me and Daun with a small grin on her lips.

"Alright then. You can go with your big brother, Daun." She replied, smiling ardently.