11

Your POV:

Your POV:

After the stunt pulled the other day, I actually felt guilty going up to mom and apologizing. But I knew if I didn't, I wouldn't be able to sleep.

Poor mom, she got all the blaze of my anger directed at Yoongi.

After all, everything I'm doing is for her sake.

How on earth did that go wrong?

Taking a deep breath, I walked out of my room.

It was her first day off in weeks and I managed to ruin it. Daughter of the year.

"Mom?," I croaked.

I was expecting her to give me the silent treatment at the minimum but what broke my heart more than it already was, was the smile that broke out on her face.

"Baby, you're up. How do you feel now?"

Guilt raking my insides, I ran to her and hugged her, sobbing.

She soothed me and shushed me. I don't know why I felt like I had been through this before...

As if someone had soothed me like this.

But I couldn't put a finger on it.

"I'm so sorry, mom," I said, finally.

"It's okay, sweetie. I know what you have been through. I don't hold that against you."

I don't know how I long I just cried in my mother's lap, but somehow the pain I thought would never end, subsided.

"Y/n," she started when I wiped my face dry. "If you ask me, I think it's actually a blessing in disguise."

I looked at her, not understanding.

"You have done nothing but study. You don't meet friends, you don't go out. And if you had gotten into college, you would have to study even harder. I think it's a breath of fresh air to be on a gap year."

I just sat there, numb.

"Just try to look at it from this angle, sweetie. Now you have a whole year to study for the test. Won't you be able to prepare a whole lot better without the constant pressure of the test nearing? And you don't have to study 24x7 because you have so much time."

I didn't want to agree but I couldn't help but see reason in what she was saying.

I can catch up on all the dramas I have been holding off on watching because I was studying like... all the time.

"And if you have problems studying here, you can go to the library."

My eyes shot up at her. "What about Areum?"

She chuckled. "I asked them to give me night shifts so I can be home during the day."

It felt as if everything was working out for me. Now.