O N E

•ONE•He was an inspiration to most of the kids walking around these high school halls

•ONE•
He was an inspiration to most of the kids walking around these high school halls.
His angelic voice would bounce off the walls whenever he sang. His last breath lingered in the air.
You could literally feel the sadness lingering from the passing of Shawn Mendes. He was loved by everyone, no one understood why he did it.
It seemed as if he had the perfect life, the perfect looks, the perfect voice. He could of had anything he wanted.
Girls were at his feet drooling over him, guys wishing they had whatever he had.
He didn't leave much behind. He left a letter to his parents and his sister. His guitar with his leather journal.
Shawn's parents never went into his room after they found him.
He was found in a horrible position, his body was pale and cold. His eyes were closed as if he were asleep, resting almost.
His smile that once brightened up anyone's day, was now gone.
But like everything else, all of this will be in the past and something new will be about.

"So sad to hear about that Shawn kid."
I nodded, Shawn and I weren't friends. We've seen each other in the halls, giving each other small smiles.
But that was about it really, he was quite attractive. He was definitely out of my league.
"Yeah, such a shame. I heard he overdosed." My mothers friend Teressa butted in. "No way, I heard he hung himself."
Although we weren't friends, it still hurt to hear things like that.
"Can we not talk about it?" I question with a slight attitude. "What's wrong with you? You didn't even know the kid."
I sigh, "I walked by him everyday to get to class. It still hurts, I may not have known him personally but I still went to school with him."
I threw my fork down onto my plate and took it to the kitchen.
"Cassie! Get back here," I stalked passed the dinner table and up into my room.
I threw myself onto my bed and looked at the ceiling.
I may not have known him, but seeing him everyday and getting a small smile out of him was nice. Now, I don't get smiles from anyone. Everyone was so sad, seems as if no one had any happiness left in them.
"I wish you could hear me."
I shot up in my bed to look around my room.
"W-Who said that?"
I noticed a small movement from the corner of my eye. My head shot to where I seen the movement.
It was him. He was leaning against my wall looking sad.
"S-Shawn?"
His eyes locked with mine, "you can see me?"
I can see him! But how? He's dead, how could I-?
How can- how does-
"This is incredible. I've been trying to get someone to see me since I ya know..."
I was beyond shocked, what do I say?
"How can I see you, how is this even possible? Holy shit I think I'm going to pass out. I'm seeing a dead person. A ghost boy- how? Am I dead? Did I die?"  I ask frantically.
He shook his head, coming closer.
"No, no you aren't. Don't worry, and I don't know how you can see me."
"Why are you here? You don't even know me."
He shrugged, "I know you're the pretty girl who I used to walk by everyday."
If he wasn't dead, and I wasn't terrified I'd be blushing right now.
"Thank you,"
"Cassie! Get down here and say by to Teressa!"
I sighed and looked over at Shawn who was now sitting on my bed.
"Will you come back? I have so many questions."
He nodded, "I can try, I don't know how I got here in the first place. I was trying to see my parents but I ended up here." I nodded, "until then ghost boy."
"Ouch, until then."
"Sorry," I mumbled as I watched him disappear.
I walked down the stairs to say bye to my moms friend, to find out she's already gone.
Great.
"Why did you call me down here? I have homework to do."
I really don't, I just want to be in my room alone with my prized guitar.
"I wanted to apologize for dinner. I know we shouldn't talk about those things as if they were light hearted topic starters."
I folded my arms, "yeah I agree. And apology accepted. We done?"
She nodded.
I walked back into my room and Shawn wasn't here. I shrugged and picked up my guitar, I started to strum a song by Ed Sheeran.
My fingers fretted each note, and moved on to the next. The music bounced off my walls, and floor. The beautiful sound bouncing around, filling my ears with joy.
Music was the key to everything, and I loved it.
Once I finished the song I put my guitar away and got ready for bed. I needed to think about what happened today. It was... crazy. And I hope I don't go crazy.