Chapter 2 - Santa Claus Imposter

"...and now she's staying with you, have I got it right?" Sister An asked with a tick mark on her head, "How utterly irresponsible of you."

It was the next day. Vincent decided to visit Sister An and tell her what had happened.

"It's not like I have a choice," Vincent sighed as he sat on the doorstep, "if I do try to kick her out then she'll just come back. Not to mention she has guns. She even offhandedly said that she could snipe five kilometers with a pistol, a frickin pistol!"

"She probably enhances the performance of the gun with her blood," Sister An said thoughtfully. She then proceeded to glare at Vincent, "but that's not the reason you let her stay, right Vince?"

Vincent started sweating, "I don't kn—"

"Right?"

"...Ok, ok, fine," Vincent groaned, "I felt bad that she didn't have a place to stay, even though she's a vampire and has a gun, I didn't want a crippled girl out on her own. Happy?"

"Anything else?"

"...She's cute," Vincent, embarrassed, put his face in his hands while Sister An struggled not to laugh.

"I wonder how people would react if they found out your, what should we call it? Weakness? Preferences?"

"Shut up..." Vincent groaned.

"Brother Vince!" A small dark-haired girl jumped on his back, "This Sister is so much fun to play with."

"Nim," Vincent said, "what did she do?"

"Vincent..." The three of them turned around to see Arnya carrying a pile of stuffed teddy bears. She could barely see over the top.

"What are you doing?" Arnya, confused, just looked at Nim.

"This girl told me that teddy bears are cuddly to hug, so I thought that if I had two it would be twice as cuddly. Three, three times. Four, four times and so forth," Arnya explained, "so I gathered as much teddy bears as I could find."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"...It's getting hard to carry."

Vincent just stared a bit before walking over, "...Let me help you with that."

"Thank you."

Nim and Sister An could only exchange odd glances as they watched the pair try to sort out the bears.

"Still, a crippled vampire?" Sister An thought as she watched Vincent take some of the bears, "cursed perhaps?"

After a few days, Arnya had settled into Vincent's life. Through this time, they learned a lot more about each other. Whenever Vincent went out, Arnya would follow behind. He had soon gotten used to it. Vincent had taken a break from Trespassing to adjust to this new lifestyle.

She seemed to like spending time at the orphanage with Nim. It was there that Arnya found a particular attachment to board games. Chess, checkers, a game called Go, she would play that with Nim, Vincent or even Nyx, who was surprisingly good at such games.

"So, you've escaped," Sister An muttered as she looked at Sirius Black yelling from the picture. Her eyes looked rather dark for a bit before turning a back to normal. She folded the newspaper and threw it in the trash.

...

"This is a quiet night," Vincent muttered as he strolled across the rooftops. He lept down onto a lower level, "well it's not like there will be a crime all the time."