Chp 7- The legend of Isaiah Kane

Kathy...my idea of Kathy.

Neddy's POV

The legend of Isaiah Kane.

It was finally lunch time and I was starving to the core of my bones. The morning meal didn't give me enough nutrition and I would find my stomach rambling lowly in class, and Pearl would just invade my mind and those eyes that watched me with a frown... for some reason I didn't want her to disapprove my clothing. I didn't even see my new found friend anywhere.

Finally having the strength to actually do something about my hungry stomach, I went to Mrs Tiffany who would go buy my food for me. I walked to Mrs Tiffany's class and just opened it since it was usually what I always did whenever I came here, plus it was only the two of us.

"Yes but how many are...." The voice stopped talking making me look up through my glasses to find Stephanie and Steven standing there with Mrs Tiffany literally on her knees.

I felt a wave of disappointment at not seeing Pearl with them but I didn't let it consume me entirely although I craved to give it control.

I blinked slowly to make sure I saw the right thing. When I opened my eyes again Mrs Tiffany was standing up, smiling at me from a distance.

"Right...um thank you Mrs.. we'll be leaving."

"Happy to help." Mrs Tiffany said cheerfully. I was still frozen on the door holding the handle with my bony fingers. The new students came to pass by so I had to make room for them to pass through.

I knew Mrs Tiffany was seconds away from falling at her knees when they first introduced themselves but I never thought she would actually do it on their first arrival.

Stephanie and Steven looked at me blanky when they left with their heads held high not even bothering with greeting me as they left the class. As soon as the door closed behind me, I turned to look at Mrs Tiffany with a raised eyebrow. She looked at me with a crooked smile as I left to sit in my usual desk.

"What was that about?" I asked placing my bag on the floor and sliding on my chair with ease.

"I am the new director in drama and was sorta....um begging them to do a scene." She said with an ashamed blush making me nod and smile.

Mrs Tiffany looked relieved that I was not asking more questions.

"But...why the new um.. students?"

"Oh." Mrs Tiffany shrugged while digging in her bag and taking out a sandwich wrap and extending it to me. I felt my cheeks heat up before rubbing my neck.

"Oh come on...I made this for you." She whispered making me sign and take it.

"Since when did you became a drama director?" I teased with a raised eyebrow since she would have told me in the middle of her rant this morning.

"About a mouth ago."

I blinked twice, she never told me that. I share everything with her and so does she but I never told her about the orphanage since I was ashamed. She was basically my mother from a different place.

"Wow...so what's so special about the Kanes?..I mean they just arrived and you're going on your knees for them."

"You don't know about their father?" She asked in disbelief and wide eyes.

"No........... should I?"

"Well dear let me tell you about their father." She stated before sitting on her leather chair with an excited smirk, her eyes glowed like those of a child given candy.