Chapter Thirty-one

"Life is like a wave, you need to learn to surf" - IceSkatingIsLife0

Important question at the end. Please read because it will decide whether I update or not!!!!!

Natasha's POV

When I woke up the thumping in my head was gone but my whole body was buzzing. The unfamiliarity of my environment awakened all my senses. I racked my brains to connect the few events, at first it was blank but then the events started washing in like waves in my turbulent mind.

The door opened and I looked up with disgust and hurt. In walked Ethan with a smirk that could give a grown man nightmare.

"So, you are finally awake. I mean you do sleep like a baby after bumping into someone." He said walking towards me.

I looked behind to see his goons I had ran into. When he reached my view, I lowered my head trying to control my tongue and find a way out of this situation.

Hooking his finger under my chin he lifted my head till I could see his face.

"What do you want?" I asked

"Why are you here?" He asked.

"Asks the one who kidnapped me and brought me here." I said.

"Right. Let me get someone who can clear all of this for you." He said with that sickening smile.

The next few minutes tore my heart out of my chest, ripped it open then was squashed on the floor.

In walked, of all people, Lorenzo.

At first, I had to take a double look to make sure I wasn't dreaming but when I was sure my body involuntarily was drawn to him like on countless occasion my blood hit the roof.

"Surprised to see me here, darling?" He said his breath hitting my face. "I mean why did I ask, I'm sure you are."

I wanted to throw up with the rate my stomach was churning.

"Let me clear your mind since I can see your question marks hitting the ceiling." He said walking toward the door the two goons had just exited, he turned the lock and I had to fight every cell in my body not to feel attracted to this man in front of me.

"A few years ago, your dad approached my dad with a request, a deal that was worth billions of billions of dollars. But when my dad started moving forward with the deal your dad felt insecure and left him and because he was wealthy accused my dad of fraud and plagiarism. And that left us stranded on the streets with no where to go. But my mother taking everything she had left and the little pride she could master worked day and night doing shameful jobs to get us to school and a place to stay.."

"You are lying..." I said tears falling from my eyes. "My dad may have been a drunken but he wasn't cruel."

I tried to convince myself.

"Are you seriously defending the man that killed your twin?" Lorenzo asked rolling his eyes. "But see dear that wasn't your father."

I looked at him like her had grown two heads.

"Is it time to show her?" Ethan asked.

"Bring him in." Lorenzo said steeping away from my view.

In walked a man filthy and older. But what struck me was that when he looked at me our eyes were so familiar and my skin tickled.

"You are lying. My father is dead. You assured me of that Lorenzo." I said fighting my hand cuff and trying to see with the tears flowing down my face. This can't be true.

"Why don't we clarify this then?" He asked smirking.

In stumbled my mother.

"Mom!!" I scream taking in her state and mastering the strength I had I ran to her. "Are you ok?"

"Honey I'm fine." She said trying to smile with her busted lip.

"What did you do to her?" I scram.

"Gosh stop being so dramatic. If she hadn't fought, we would have taken the easy way." Ashlyn said walking in removing her leather glove.

"What is this? Clearing you all knew something about this." I said. These were all the people I trusted the person I had fallen in love with. I didn't understand.

"Why are you so shock? You thought because you told me you love me or like me that I reciprocated those feeling? Did I ever tell you I loved you? O you just fell for my sweet talk and my charm." Lorenzo said shaking his head. "Now the reunion is over back to business. Maria explain to her why this man is in here."

I looked at my mom expecting her to say that she wasn't catching on or none of this made sense.

"Natasha I am so sorry we tried to protect you so that this moment would never come. The man who killed your brother I only found out later that it wasn't your father, but gosh they had made him close to your father like in the movie Mrs Doubtfire." She said smiling. "But thinking about it, it suddenly clicked. Your father never drank alcohol not even when we had dinner and he had never laid his hand on me ever since we were married. That's why that night I tried to run away because the pieces didn't fit.

I looked at my mom and the at the man that was all of a sudden, my father.

"Ok so what do they want? Money? WHAT?" I asked with shaking lips.

"The password." Ethan said.

"The password? All this lies, pretend, deceit, just for a password?" I asked I was already loosing it. "You broke my life and my family just for a stupid password."

"Its not just a password DAMN IT!! Those four-digit leads to the biggest blueprint that could change the world." Ashlyn spoke.

"So what? Does that give your permission to kill me BROTHER? Separate my MOTHER and I? Then pretend to love me?" I asked. Turning to mum "And you encouraged this, yourself and Tantin. By the way, where is she?"

Looking around I looked at the color drain from my mother's face and a few people lower their head.

"I'm so sorry I couldn't save her!! Honey I promise I tried." Mum finally spoke up.

I felt my head spin. This couldn't be happening. My life wasn't crashing nose first. Right? This had to be a dream....

****************************************************************

Hey guys so here's a question:

-Do you want to decide the ending of this story or must I just go one with it as planned? Message me if you have a thought. Will update soon.

xx- IceSkatingIsLife0