020

Time is ticking

"No way." EunMin says shaking her head. "We were just there and we made sure that all the hybrids were with us..." She says, now not feeling so sure about her previous statement, "right?"

"That's what I thought too." Namjoon says stuffing his hands in his leather jacket, staying quiet for a minute until he speaks again. "And the captain wants us to come in." He adds, meeting her worried gaze with his own.

"Okay." EunMin says taking in a deep breath, slightly moving her arms around to relax. "Let's go."

Namjoon nods, and after making sure that Jin is okay, both detectives head to the car, driving in complete silence, with only the occasional sounds of the city keeping them company.

"Do you want some coffee?" Namjoon asks after a while, noticing EunMin's head falling every few seconds.

"Yes please." She says looking outside to hide her blushing cheeks.

"Okay." Namjoon says pulling off to the side, parking the car and stepping out. "I'll be right back."

With a nod, EunMin closes her eyes for a second, only opening them when she hears the door close.

"Here you go." Namjoon says handing her coffee. "A vanilla latte for you."

"Thank you." She quietly says taking the drink. A small smile on her face as she tips a sip from her drink. After all this years, it seemed like nothing had really changed, and at that moment she hoped that they could freeze time for a while and just stay like this, but unfortunately they had a long day ahead of them.

"I never understood how you could drink that." EunMin says watching as Namjoon takes a sip of his ice americano, giving him a confused look which makes him chuckle.

"Maybe you should give it another try?" He offers, watching with a small smile as EunMin takes a small sip from her drink, slightly scrunching up her nose as the bitter liquid reaches her taste buds, and she has to try with everything in her not to sip the coffee out, while Namjoon bursts out laughing.

"Guess some things never change." Namjoon says and she joins laughing, quieting down as they start moving on the road once more.

🐾🐾🐾

The station is as busy as ever as the detectives walk in, the sound of telephones ringing, simultaneous talking and busy officers pacing around bringing a small smile to their faces.