𝒯𝑒𝓃

SNITCH

     WHEN DEBORAH ARRIVED at the Garrison, after the family meeting, she was greeted by Harry and Grace

     WHEN DEBORAH ARRIVED at the Garrison, after the family meeting, she was greeted by Harry and Grace. She hadn't spent much time with the blonde women, but it felt as though Grace was avoiding her. Deciding not to dwell on it, Deborah warned Harry of the group of Peaky Blinder men that would be arriving soon.

"Deborah, a telegram arrived for you." Harry called, as he cleaned a few glasses. "It arrived last night, so I just left it in the office."

"Thanks Harry." Deborah said, while rushing into the small room and slamming the door shut behind her.

Searching around for a moment, she finally spotted the letter under one of the number books. Deborah tore it open and quickly read the words on the page. She froze once she was done and her face paled, it was not good news. At this point she knew it was time to tell Tommy what was going on, even if he would be annoyed and disappointed in her.

He knows.

- Nick S.

Deborah was pulled from the thoughts by the sound of Tommy yelling her name. The young women quickly threw the telegram in the bin and rushed out to the men who all stood by the bar. Tommy was waiting behind it, with his hands rested on his hips impatiently.

Once Deborah was by his side Tommy, began pulling pints for his men. "Right. Let's get pouring." Tommy announced.

"Never thought I'd see the day when Tommy Shelby pours someone else's pint." Deborah joked, standing beside the man.

"Haven't you heard? You've changed me, for the better." Tommy smirked, nudging her side.

Deborah's smile dropped as her mind flashed back to the note. "I need to talk to you." She told him.

"It can wait till I come back." Tommy replied, pulling another pint.

"Tommy, it's serious." Deborah argued, her tone demanding.

"We'll talk about it when I get back. All right?" He repeated, looking calm.

"When will you be back?" She asked impatiently.

"Oh, is this how it's going to be, eh?" Tommy teased, smirking once again. "You waiting at home for me, saying, "What time do you call this?" He chuckled.

Deborah knew she wasn't going to get through to him when he was acting like this. With her hands shaking and heart racing with fear, she decided she needed to get away from the loading chatting of the men.

"The barrel needs changing." She muttered, heading to the back room.

The sound of Arthur's teasing could be heard from behind the door, but Deborah's mind was racing so much she could barely hear him. She desperately wiped away the stray tears, when she heard the door open and close behind her.