Chapter One

I darted through the woods, my dirty blonde locks flying behind me. I panted heavily while the icy air burned my lungs.

My cold bare feet beat against the frozen ground as I stumbled through thick evergreen trees, sharp sticks stabbing my feet.

I risked a rapid glance behind me, panic completely consuming me as I learned that the giant masculine black figure was gaining on my heels quickly.

I dodged the trees, my feet sliding through the mud that now replaced the hard ground.

I glanced again.

He was catching up to me too quickly.

I dodged the trees in alarm at the close proximity between us. I jumped over a log covered with dark green moss, my foot twisting as my body tumbled forward, my head landed on the muddy ground. I tried to push my body up out of the mud but I flew back downwards as my ankle gave out.

A sharp pain ran throughout my ankle, causing me to cry out in pain as it felt as if a hot rod was forcefully being shoved into my ankle.

I gasped as my vision grew blurry with tears forming in my eyes.

A heavy weight landed on me, knocking the air out of my chest.

I regained my sight as my body got flipped around, my arms being gripped tightly held above my head.

The scary large figure above me had blood red eyes.

He pinned my arms underneath his knees and reached inside his pocket pulling out a sharp long knife.

My breath came back allowing me to let out a blood curling scream as he raised the knife in the air and plunged it deep into my chest. A hot sensation trickled up my neck.

The knife came down again, piercing my throat. I gagged as I choked on my blood.

____________________________________

My eyes flashed open as I gained my consciousness, struggling to breathe. It was pitch black and I was on something warm and soft, rather than cold thick mud.

Cool air touched my body from the cold sweat that consumed my skin. The covers were nowhere to be found or seen in the darkness.

I held my neck as I gasped for air. Slowly but surely I regained my memory, realizing that I was in my bed.

Just a nightmare. A very vivid nightmare.

I glanced at the time on the clock.

6:30 a.m. 

I sighed. There's no use in trying to sleep now. Not after waking up from a nightmare like that.

I laid in bed a minute and calmed my breathing.

I need to get up for school anyways. My alarm clock goes off at 7:00. I guess that will just be a head start on getting ready for me.

I blindly felt my way out of the bed and switched the lamp light on my nightstand on, squinting at the sudden brightness of it. My movements were sluggish as I made my way to my small makeup vanity and plopped down in the seat, yawning.

I flicked the light bulbs around the mirror on and glared at the zombie staring back at me. My hair was knotted and sticking up everywhere while my green eyes were bloodshot. I furrowed my eye brows and leaned in closer to the mirror, spotting a new pimple on my chin.

Oh that's just great.

I opened one of the drawers and took out a hair brush, starting at the bottom of my waist length tangled hair. I worked the brush up slowly.