Father's day

Little drabble that I made.

Complete AU.

Tony is twenty seven, Peter is six, and is his biological son.

Tony was disowned when his father found out that a woman was pregnant with Tony's son. 

And he has raised Peter on his own, except for Rhodey, his support system.

They were doing gifts for fathers day.

Little notes that said why they loved their dad.

Peter's teacher had started crying when she read his.

Her eyes had gone red, and her hand covered her mouth. 

"Does your daddy know about this?" She handed the paper to him gently, blinking rapidly.

"No. But I'm gonna show him, so he knows how much I love him."

His teacher shook her head slightly, smiling wetly. "You're a smart boy, Peter. I think your dad knows, and is very proud of you."

His smile lit up the room, and he bounded out to where Rhodey was waiting, leaning against his small car.

"Hey squirt!" The man caught him with a grunt, and lifted him into the carseat. "How was school?"

The boy grinned brightly. "It was fun! Miss Pepper let us do a paper on how our dads are the best in the world! And I did mine, and- do you think daddy will like it?"

Rhodey smiled softly. "I'm sure he'll love anything you made him."

They pulled up to the small apartment they shared with Rhodey, the six year old running up the sidewalk at full speed, Rhodey following behind him.

"Dad!" Peter bounded into the house, looking in each of the rooms. "Dad!"

Tony opened the door to the bathroom, hair still wet, and a grin lit up his tired face. "There's my kiddo. Have a nice day at school?"

Peter bounced on his toes. "Uh-huh! And Miss Pepper let us do papers on how our dads are the best in the world! And I made one for you!"

His dad shot a look at his best friend, who shrugged, with a 'what, me?' look on his face.

The paper crinkled as Peter pulled it out of his pocket, handing it to his dad, and going uncharacteristically quiet, waited for his dad to read it.

"My dad takes care of me."

Tony read the first line out loud.

"He feeds me. He teaches me to be brave. To be strong. To be gentle. To be nice."

A soft smile lit his face, which was quickly wiped away by the next line.

"But he lies."

His eyes darted to his son, face pained.

"He lies about having a job."

Rhodey's grip was firm and comforting on Peter's shoulder.

"He lies about having enough money. He lies about not being hungry when he gives me the last of the food."

Tony let out a shaky breath.

"He lies that he is happy."

Tears started to fill his eyes.

"He gives up everything for me."

Peter looked up, eyes worried, and hesitant.

"That's why my dad is my hero."

Rhodey gave Peter's shoulder one last squeeze, then stepped out.

There was a stifling silence.

Finally Tony moved, kneeling in front of his son. "Peter?" His voice trembled.

The six year old blinked away tears.

Is he mad?

"Petey? Can you look at me?"

Peter looked up slowly, meeting the dark eyes that looked like his, brimming with silent tears.

He was surprised when his dad pressed a soft kiss to his forehead, then pulled him into a tight hug.

"I love you dad," he mumbled.

There was a shaky, wet laugh, and Tony's arms tightened. "I love you more."

His dad's voice changed, getting firmer. "And I'm happy, Petey. I really am. You make me happier than I've ever been."

"You're really happy?" He queried, a soft frown drawing his eyebrows together.

"Course I am. I have you, don't I?"