✧・TWO ✧・

playlist: wrong- luh kel

"HEY, WHATS YOUR NEXT CLASS?" the ginger asked the brunette. the bell for second period had just rang.

"oh, um, gym."

"no way! me too! may i walk you to your locker?"

"sure."

el was flustered. her face was a bright pink as she slowly followed behind max, her shoelaces dragging behind her. max looked behind her to see el about two doors down. she ran and took hold of el's wrist. "hold on!"

the two girls ran down the hallway, swerving through the huge crowd of upperclassmen. max lead them down a secret hallway at the end of the main hall which pushed them out towards the freshman lockers.

she followed el to her locker and leaned up against the one next to hers.

"what if i don't have a uniform?" el panicked.

"pretty sure we'll get one!"

the two girls walked to the gym and sat on the bleachers with the rest of their class as the bell for second period to start rang.

"hello, class," the gym teacher spoke. el rested her elbows on her knees as max tapped her shoulder.

"hey," el spun around. "what's your phone number?" the ginger asked with a smile.

"it's ***_***_****." el returned the smile.

"do you have snap? or insta? or anything?"

"um, yea. i just got it though, my moms not big on the whole social media thing."

"that's okay, what's your username?"

the two girls giggled and exchanged social media handles as the gym teacher went on talking. before they knew it the bell for third period rang.

————-

at the end of the day the two girls realized they had every single class together, and el was beyond happy. they walked to the freshman lockers, hand in hand. after max packed her bag, she went to el's locker, finding her sitting down, legs spread out, shoelaces still untied, and shoving things in her backpack. will and mike soon approached the two girls.

"well, well, well. looks like wheeler made a new friend!" max teased. her and mike had been next door neighbors for 8 years now and their parents were bestfriends.

"i've been friends with him!" mike teased back. "he used to live in your house."

"no kidding?" max replied, looking at will.

"yeah, me and el were bestfriends with mike until we moved."

"where'd you move to?"

"ohio."

"huh, why'd you move back?"

"mom got a job."

"cool."

"yeah."

an awkward silence emerged amongst the four teenagers.

"hey!" mike said, jumping up and breaking the silence. "we should all hang out this weekend!"

"oh absolutely," max sighed. she hated being home. any excuse to leave she would gladly take.

"do you think joyce would mind?" el asked will with puppy dog eyes.

"i'm sure as long as we're safe and home by a certain time she won't mind."

"what about sleepovers?" max suggested. el looked at max.

"um, mom won't let me sleepover at a girls," will nervously laughed.

"she meant you sleep at my house and el at hers," mike explained.

"oh. yeah, mom wouldn't care about that."

"what do you say el, you in?"

the brunette still sat on the floor, now in a criss cross applesauce position.

"sure."

max's smiled beamed. el hid her face as she turned a bright crimson.

"okay! let's say, meet 5 o'clock saturday at my house?"

"sounds good mike," the three others said in unison as he backed away, tossing his backpack over his shoulder.

"sweet, see y'all tomorrow!"

will helped el get off the floor as she closed her locker and turned to max. "see you tomorrow?" el spoke softly.

max gave her a soft smile. "yes. tomorrow. text me."

el returned the smile and walked away with will as max walked the other direction. as soon as they got out of each other's sight, max's phone buzzed with a new message.

el :)
i miss you already :(