twenty eight

Maybe she was wrong for saying that she loved him when she wasn't truly sure how she really felt, but it seemed like something she could deal with later. She needed him now.

The symptoms of her being in heat were taking over and they came at her hard. Although a part of her wanted to submit to Orion, there was another side to her that wanted a little bit of dominance too.

Orion had been orchestrating everything so far, and now that she wasn't feeling as anxious as she was when they started, she had a little bit more confidence.

She moaned as her mate suckled on her left breast and massaged the right one with his hand. "Alpha..."

"Luna." He stopped and sat up and straddled her waist, placing a hand on her stomach. "Tell me what you want. Closed mouths don't get fed." He kissed her again, his hand trailing down to the waistband of her jeans.

"I...I..." She looked up at him and she sighed. "I want you to stop."

Orion was somewhat surprised, but he crawled off of her at her request. "Am I hurting you?"

She shook her head frantically. "Oh, no! Not at all, I just..." She trailed off, thinking of a good way to express how she felt. "Well, I guess I'm not ready yet."

He nodded. "Understandable."

She bit her lip, starting to feel guilty. "Just know that it isn't you. You're not the problem, okay? My body is craving your touch, but something isn't right. It's like something might happen."

Orion stood up and went to fetch his shirt from where he threw it earlier. "You don't have to explain yourself, Lorena. I'll respect your wishes."

She huffed as he pulled his shirt over his head, covering up that godlike body of his. She wouldn't admit it, but she had been waiting for him to ravish her for a while now, but something inside of her knew this wasn't the right time. "I'm sorry."

He smiled, placing his hand against her cheek. "Don't apologize." He kissed her on her other cheek and she blushed, playing with her fingers. "Now, get some rest. I'll see you later tomorrow morning."

She shook her head, grabbing his hand as he turned to leave. "Wait. Can you stay?"

He turned back to her and looked her over, biting down on the soft inside of his cheek. He couldn't decide if staying with her was a good idea when she was in heat and the urge for him to take her was raging inside. She smelled irresistible and she looked it too. If he stayed, then it would be hard for him to keep things appropriate.

He sighed in defeat. If his mate wanted him around, he might as well take advantage of that. He knew Lorena wasn't extra fond of him at times, and she didn't always want him in her space. "I'll stay."

He sat back down and frowned. She was acting so weird. She fiddled with her fingers some more and looked up at him, giving him a small smile. "I think I have a confession to make." He cocked his head to the side, waiting for her to continue.

She sighed deeply. "W-when I said that I loved you, I wasn't sure if I meant it."

Orion couldn't say that he wasn't feeling slightly awkward. He felt terrible about that, too. He knew that it was in the heat of the moment and that he was trying to make her feel more comfortable for his own gain. He never should've dropped that on her the way he did, especially if he also wasn't sure that he meant it.

"Um...yeah. It's okay, don't sweat it, sweetheart." She smiled at him. Orion frowned in confusion when he studied her carefully.

She was a sweaty mess, now. He could tell that she was obviously squirming in discomfort and need, but she still didn't want him to help her. He glanced down at her still bare chest and realized her nipples were still hard from arousal.

He wanted to help her. Hell, he wanted to help himself to her, but if she was suffering like this and still saying that something felt off, then he wanted to know what it was in case it was really important.

He stood up and retrieved her shirt from across the room, throwing it to her. He pulled one of her drawers out and pulled out one of her bras, tossing that to her also. "Get dressed, Lorena."

She obeyed quickly and without question, which Orion had to admit was a nice change of pace. Once she was dressed, she looked up at him. "What's wrong?"

He shook his head. "Nothing's wrong, babe." He tilted his head towards the door and smiled reassuringly at her. "We're going for a walk."

This is a filler chapter, I KNOW. Don't get mad lol