Fez- "I'm a grown ass woman"

Requested
Description: y/n is Rues cousin. Y/n was dating Fez but they broke up because y/n felt that Fez only saw her as a little kid that needed protecting.
Warnings: swearing
****************************************
I made my way into Daniels house, tonight he was throwing a Halloween party so everyone was dressed up. I had decided on Veronica from the movie heathers not because I liked it but because it was the only thing I could do last minute. The outfit consisted of a light blue skirt a black lace crop top and a grey jacket with black tights and shoes. I just remember it being the outfit from the scene in the woods. I wasn't planning on coming to the party hence why I didn't have an outfit but Rue decided to drag me to it. Rue was my cousin, I was a year older then her but she was one of the people that I trusted the most. Normally I'd be looking forward to going to a party but not after Fez and I broke up, I knew he was going to be there. I'd tried messaging but he just seemed to be ignoring me, yet again. It was actually at another one of Daniels parties two weeks ago....

Two weeks ago...

"Y/n you ready to go?" I heard Rue knock on my door. Tonight Daniel was throwing a party and Daniel was known to throw the best parties.
"Yeah" I replied walking over to my bedroom door and opening it, Rue stood in front of me.
"Then come on" she turned and making her way down the stairs and towards the front door, I followed behind her.
"I'll be home soon"I yelled as I left the house with Rue.
"Not too late!" I heard my dad yell as I closed the door. My parents were rather lenient so don't be too late meant be back by 4. I made my way down the path and started to walk along Rue.
"So is Fez going to be there tonight?" Rue asked as the two of us made down the road.
"Yeah, why?" I looked over at Rue who was staring down at the floor.
"I was just wondering" she shrugged, I looked at her trying to figure her out. "How are the two of you anyway?" I let out a sigh. Fez and I had been dating for the last couple of months, but we've know each other for about ten years. Fez has always looked out for me and Rue, even after these years he still did but at times it felt like he still only saw me as this child that needed protection. He never seemed to take me seriously.
"Sometimes Fez just treats me like a child. I know he wants to protect me but at times it just too much, you know. I just wished that he'd take me seriously." the two of us carried on walking.
"Have you told him this?" Rue looked at me.
"Yeah but also no" I ran a hand through my hair.
"Yeah but no" Rue looked at me with a smile.
"I try to but the two of us usually end up arguing about it, he says he takes me seriously and that he doesn't see me a kid but it's all bullshit"
"So are you meeting him inside the party?" Rue changed the topic sensing that I didn't want to talk about it anymore.
"I mean I don't know, we not a exactly on speaking terms. But I should probably text him that were on our way" I pulled my phone out to send a quick text to Fez, Rue shook her head at me. "What?" I looked at the her.
"Don't" she replied.
"Don't?" I held my phone out the text not sent yet.
"Don't text him that your on your way just turn up, like you said your not a child you don't need protecting at a party" she smiled at me, I looked down at my phone pondering the idea. After a few seconds I deleted the message and pushed my phone back in my pocket.
"Let's go and enjoy this party, yeah" I put my arm around Rue.

The rest of the walk to Daniels was quiet, I could tel that Rue wasn't her usual self but pushing her to open up never worked. Over the last couple of years I had leant that Rue would eventually tell me. We finally reached Daniels house, out the front there was about four teens just sat out smoking. We passed the teens and made our way the front door pushing it open. Like I said Daniel was know for throwing crazy parties so it wasn't a surprise that the place was packed.
"I'm going to see if I can find Jules!" I heard Rue yell at me I nodded as a response, there was no point trying to yell back.
I pushed past the few teens that were standing in the hallway and made my way to the kitchen and over to one of the kegs picking up a clean plastic cup.
"Y/n!" I heard some yell, I turned to see a intoxicated Nate Jacobs making his way over to me.
"Nate" I replied as I filled my cup up.
"You shouldn't be drinking that shit" Nate pointed at the keg. "This is the shit you want" he reached over and grabbed a glass bottle of the counter that was already half empty. Nate grabbed an empty cup off the side and filling it up. "Come on y/n try this" he handed me the cup.
"Na I'm good Nate" I moved around him and started to walk away.
"Come on y/n, don't be a pussy" Nate lightly grabbed on to my wrist.
"Nate I'm good with what I've already got" I held my plastic cup up.
"Yeah but as I said that's shit. This is the stuff you want" he again held the cup out to me. Before I could turn Nates offer down for the third time someone else joined in.
"She said she don't want none" I turned to see Fez walk towards the two of us, I couldn't help but roll my eyes. I had this under control. Nate turned to face Fez, the two of them didn't get along at the best of times. I mean they didn't hate each other but they didn't associate with each other. "So why don't you take the drink and piss off" Fez walked closer to me. A smirk crossed Nates face.
"I'm pretty sure this conversation doesn't concern you Fezco" Nate said still holding the cup out to me.
"It is when you harassing my girlfriend" Fez said. Nate let out a laugh before replying.
"I'm pretty sure I'm not harassing her, and if I was I'm sure she could handle herself, definitely more then you could" Nate took a step forward. I know Nate and when his drunk he'd start a fight with anyone, it was like the only thing that brought joy to him at times which is a scary thought.
"Oh really" Fez took a step forward so that he was not in front of me. Nate did the same.
"Will the two of just stop!" I yelled before pulling Fez back. "Nate I don't want the drink so stick where the sun doesn't shine" I turned to face Fez. "And  you, outside" I pointed from Fez to the back door.

After pushing past a few people to get outside the two of us stood opposite one another.
"What the hell! I had that under control" I crossed my arms staring at Fez.
"You had it under control? He would have carried on harassing you till you took the drink" he replied.
"You don't know that. And you barging in made everything worse, you know when Nates like this he's always looking for a fight" I said.
"I'm not going to apologise for protecting you" Fez looked me in the eyes as he spoke.
"I don't need you to protect me though, I'm a grown ass woman, I can protect myself. I need you to stop treating me like a little kid" I looked up at him. "And if you can't do that then I don't know if I want to be with you" the words came out my mouth without thinking. Shit.
"Is that how you really feel?" Was it? I looked down. "Fine y/n. Fine" Fez walked away leaving me alone outside.

Present...

People cheered me on as I downed my fifth shot.
"You might want to slow down before you get drunk" Cassie laughed before she downed her shot.
"I'm hoping to get drunk" I laughed grabbing another shot but before I could Cassie grabbed my hand leading me away from the counter. "Cassie" I whined as she pulled me to the dance floor laughing.
"Come on dance" she let me go before starting to dance, I laughed before joining in with the girl. I let myself go and just flowed with the music. I don't even know the song but right now it's my favourite. I closed my eyes as I focused on the music, alcohol fuelling me.
"You've got someone's attention" Cassie whispered to me causing me to open my eyes and look in the direction that she was. She was right I did, I had Fez's attention.
"I don't care" I lied as I carried on dancing. Deep down my heart was racing, for the last two weeks Fez had been ignoring me. I tried to say hi earlier and he seemed to dodge me every time.
"Stop bullshitting, you totally care" she laughed.
"I'm going to get another drink" I turned leaving the blonde on the dance floor.

I walked over and poured myself another shot. Kat who was at the counter giving me a concerned look.
"Hey" I heard a familiar voice say, I turned and saw Fez.
"Oh so your finally speaking to me" I raised the shot up and again downed it.
"Can we talk somewhere else?" He asked walking closer so I could hear him.
"Sorry can't, gotta look after Cassie" I crossed my arms.
"I can do that, you two go ahead" I turned shooting Kat a glare. Fez nodded towards the front door and a floored behind him.
He held the door as I walked out, the cold air hitting me.
"So where are we going?" I asked as I walked with him towards his car.
"Mine" he opened the car. I pulled the door open and got it.

The ride to Fez's was a quiet one, the only sound was the radio playing faintly which was a huge contrast to the party. We finally pulled up to Fez's, he got out first and I followed. We were silent till we actually got into his place.
"So what did you want to talk about? And why could we talk about it at the party?" I asked him.
"Look I'm sorry for everything okay. I'm sorry for treating you like a kid, like you couldn't do shit for yourself. I know you can" Fez leant against the back of the couch as I stood by the table.
"Then why did you?" I crossed my arms.
"Because I love you y/n, and I protect the ones I love more then anything and you should know that by know. And I'm sorry if it comes off a bit..." Fez looked down trying to think of the right word.
"Condescending?" Fez nodded at my answer.
"It's just of something was to happen to you and I didn't do everything in my power to protect you then I'd feel like shit. I'd feel like I completely let you down" he walked around and sat on the couch. I let out a sigh before following him and sitting next to him.
"Fez there's times where I do need you to protect me but when it come to people like Nate Jacobs I can handle him. I just want you to trust that I know how to do that" I took his hand in mine. "I need you to see that I'm not the same ten year old kid you first met who let everyone walk all over her" I squeezed his hand. "You taught me to stand up for myself so if anything trust that" I smiled at him.
"Okay"
"Okay"

****
I honestly felt like this was all over the place.
I'm sorry if there's any mistakes it's like 3:00am here 😂
Also I have an idea for another Fez one that take place at winter formal. Would you want that? Or do you want another person between? If so who?
I hope you liked
Also I hope you like the picture, this is so me
Request are open
Feel free to message me
X