Chapter 36

O P H E L I A ' S    P O V

"Do we have to leave tonight?" I sighed unhappily. These past few days alone with Levi had been pure heaven. Not having to worry about work or making breakfast in the morning. Despite the fact that we had a cook back at home, here, my breakfast was always brought to me in bed.

I blushed at my thoughts. Home. Did I think of Levi's house as my home?

"Unfortunately, we do," Levi grumbled childishly. "I'd love to stay another week if I could, but I don't want my files to pile up even more that by the time we do choose to go back, I'm at work all day and night and don't have enough time for you," He said frustratingly as he rubbed his temple.

I took a deep breath and nodded in understanding as I cuddled closer to Levi's body. Today had been full of activities. We went to the beach for an hour and a half, we played pool, tried the Jacuzzi, watched television, and now here we were, at 5 PM, lying in bed.

My fingers traced his chest and then moved to his arm. "I like your tattoos," I murmured thoughtfully as I followed the pattern of the flowers. "When'd you get them?" I asked curiously.

He shrugged, "All at different ages. The first one at eighteen. Two others at 22, then completed my sleeve a year ago." He explained.

I threw my leg around his waist, engulfing the heat that he brought me. "Wow," I said in amazement. "Did they hurt?" I finally craned my neck to look at him. He looked down at me and smiled softly, placing a short kiss on my lips.

"They stung a little, it wasn't bad." He mentioned as he looked at the ceiling, the hand around my body tracing slow, rhythmic patterns on my bare skin.

"I want a tattoo," I said excitedly as I pushed myself up on my elbows to look at him.

His eyes snapped up to me, his hand reaching out to tuck my fallen hair behind my ear, "You're not putting any marks on your beautiful skin," He frowned suddenly.

"But you did it," I whined. "Not a big one, just a little bird, or a flower or something," I sighed.

"That's different, okay?" He huffed out as he looked away from me. He seemed frustrated, but for some reason, I knew it wasn't because of me.

"Are- Are you okay?" I sat up straighter, resting my hand on his cheek. "You seem troubled," I frowned.

He gritted his teeth, "It's nothing," He said. "We'll talk about it when we get back," He finalised.

I formed my lips in a thin line as he disregarded me, "You're going to tell me now," I said. "Whenever something's wrong with me, you want to bring down God and his angels that you're going to find out what's wrong, and now you don't want to tell me what's wrong with you?"

His eyes studied me as I straightened my posture, gazing down at him.

He seemed to be contemplating on if he should stick to his word and tell me when we get back, or listen to me and tell me now.

Suddenly he dropped the bomb.

"I don't want you working anymore," He said firmly, sitting up and grabbing a shirt, throwing it over his head.

"W-What?" I said as I wrapped the sheet tightly around my chest.

He walked over the dresser, leaning on it with his hands across his chest.

"You heard me," He stated. "I don't want you working anymore."

My lips turned down, "So what? You expect me to just sit home and what? Find a hobby and let you do everything?" I knew that my job didn't allow me to do much around the house, but if groceries were needed, I'd buy them and help out the best I could.