Chapter 28

Chapter 28

Zane’s POV

I can’t believe now that I'm ready to tell her something like this comes in our way. I was ready to deal with Alex but I don’t know what to do about this! And now she won’t even believe me.

“Marissa please believe me here. I know I made the biggest mistake ever by rejecting you and I know your still hurt but I really want to be happy with you. Your everything I ever wanted but I was just to blind too see it” I looked at her anxiously waiting for and answer.

“I just don’t think I can believe you. You hated me in the first place and didn’t want to have anything to do with me. then you started being m friend out of guilt, why on earth would you want me as a mate?” I shook my head as she spoke, it was my fault that was thinking like this. It was my fault that she is doubting me and it’s my fault that we’re not together now. we could have avoided the whole Alex thing plus my dad would have never started the whole training thing for her.

“I don’t know, I just wanted to tell you what was going on and now you have this crazy break out. I don’t know what to believe” I saw a tear slip down her cheek and it made me even sadder. How much pain have a caused this girl to have? I knew I broke her heart that day but I never guessed it would still be hurting just as bad. I can relate though, my heart is breaking by the second.

“Give me one more chance Marissa and I’ll show you what a great guy I can be for you. I’ll be there for you whenever you need me. And to answer your question I think the more I hung out with you the more I wanted to see you. I was slowly falling in love with you but I was to blind too see it. your that one perfect girl that I want, that one person that without the mate bond I would have lost” I was now crying. I didn’t want to lose, it didn’t matter if I had everything I wanted in the world if I didn’t have this girl. She was my biggest treasure but I was to blinded by everything else to see it.

“I already have Alex though, he’s been great too me and what’s going to happen to him” it broke my heart even more hearing those words come out from her mouth. She was thinking of Alex right now, not us not me not possibly how this could work out but Alex. “Do you know how much it kills me too see you go out with him every time and come back with a smile on your face? Do you know how much it kills me to see that he can make you happy and that he get’s you? That human gets my mate..” I sobbed down, I looked down away from her eyes. I didn’t want to take this anymore, maybe it was too late but I wouldn’t stop trying for her.

“No Zane it’s not just about that. Alex has been so nice and understanding to me. I even told him that you and I are mates and he got over it. he accepted me for what I was the first time around, that was something you never did” her face was broken and so was her emotions. I could see how much this was killing her as well. “So Alex will get over it, it’s not like he’s losing his mate. It’s a simple girlfriend. Your meant to be someone else’s and he can find another. I cannot” I couldn’t stress enough how much I wanted her and I don’t even know if she believed me.

“Why are you going through all this trouble just to get me out of going to that school? It would make your life miserable if you accepted me as a mate when you didn’t want me” she said. And there was my answer. She didn’t believe me one bit.

“Well I'm telling the truth and whether you want to admit it to yourself or not you know I truly love you. This may not be the perfect happy ending but I really want a chance with you” I tried one last time. I couldn’t lose her I wouldn’t just let it happen.

“Ok Marissa answer this, if I didn’t love you then why would I care so much?” she had to see it, she had to believe it. “You don’t love me Zane” she said shaking her head.