Chapter 97

Your POV:

"Hey Peg," you sigh into the phone as you rock Blue to sleep on your shoulder after already having placed Lilly down, Theo and Isla napping in the other room too while Luke does his homework. "I've had an idea. Might help keep us and the kids distracted for the day tomorrow."

"Oh yeah? What's that?" She asks.

"I'm thinking of taking the kids to the fun fair that's in town for the day tomorrow and thought that you and Sarah might like to come too? Give the kids something to keep their minds off of it and us something to stay active." You explain.

"That's a really good idea (Y/N/N) but unfortunately I have so much to do at S.H.I.E.L.D that I won't be able to. I've got to be on stand by and a whole lot of paper work to organise. You know as the usual." She replies with a huff.

You can hear the stress in her voice.

"Aw that's too bad. I could still take Sarah for you if you'd like? Take her off your hands for the day?" You offer.

Honestly you just want to be distracted at the moment, you don't care how or how hard it is.

"Are you sure? That would be amazing but doesn't that mean you'll have a lot of kids on your hands?" She asks.

"Eh, what's one more than I've already got? I'll survive. Besides, Luke's pretty independent by now." You shrug and place Blue down who is finally asleep next to his sister.

Youre well aware of how drastic a change this attitude about single parenting many kids was this morning but Your learning over and over again that during these kinds of circumstances You just need to have a positive, confident outlook on everything.

"Oh (Y/N) Thank you so much. I owe you." She lets out a breath of relief.

"No you don't." You laugh. "I'll be around to yours to pick Sarah up at around 9am?"

"Would you be able to make it half an hour earlier? Sorry, I have to be at work by then. We could meet at Betty's Cafe for a quick coffee?" She asks.

"Sounds perfect. I'll need a coffee to survive the day." You joke and she laughs.

"I don't blame you. I'll see you then (Y/N). Bye now and thank you so much!" She chimes.

"Bye!" You chuckle before putting the phone down.

Taking one of the very few opportunities you get with all the kids asleep or occupied you decide to have a lie down yourself. Of course your exhausted both mentally and physically all the time. Five kids and a husband with a stressful job will do that.

"Luke." You whisper as you pop your head into the dining room. "How's it going? You not stuck on anything?"

"Nah, I'm getting there mum." He huffs unimpressed and doesn't look up at you.

He's not happy that you made him do his homework - as usual - but, his heads down and  he's doing it so you're content. Him disliking homework has never changed but his distaste for it has probably got stronger recently, but at the same time he's pretty disciplined at sitting down and getting it done. Bucky helped with that.

"Good. Well then I'm going to have a quick nap." You state and rush off - you've got borrowed time.

                                     ~~~~

The next morning despite being flustered before you even leave the house, you are excited. After telling the kids last night they were through the roof with excitement. Isla started packing her bag last night, Luke asked to bring Petra - so that's another kid to worry about - and Theo just went along with everyone else's energy, running around and clapping his hands and whooping.