Volume 02 Chapter 01

She opens her eyes and realizes it's a bit swollen. Feeling it's irritation due to her sudden opening, she rubbed it a few times before surveying where she is.

Lying in a silk bed, she's in an ancient beautifully adorned bedroom.

While she's curiously observing the place, a female voice sounded from the door.

"First Young Miss, are you awake? Please don't be sad by His Highness Third Prince's departure. He'll still be returning after finishing his training."

As she look in shock at the young woman wearing an ancient clothing walking inside the room, she suddenly felt an headache as a bunch of information about this world, trying to squeezed in her mind.

She's in an ancient time, slightly similar to an ancient China.

This world's protagonist is a reborn person named Qing Lanbai. Born in a Duke of Zhou's household and a daughter of a 4th son, her mother died when she and her twin brother was born.

Because of his family's insistence, the protagonist's father took a second wife, a maiden from Count of Zongcheng's household, after two months of his wife's death.

Drinking in his sorrows due to his love's departure, the second wife took this opportunity to take his guard down and put some aphrodisiac in his alcohol.

Feeling guilty, the 4th son's treatment to the second wife change, not knowing he had been schemed. That night of passion had resulted the second wife to be pregnant and gave birth to a girl named Qing Lingyue.

Even though he had a new wife and daughter, the 4th son's treatment to the twins are always bias which resulted the second wife to be jealous and wanted to get rid of the seven years old twins.

One time, the twins got sick and the second wife took them to a temple saying they would lit some incense to pray for their good health but the second wife took this opportunity to get rid of them saying they were accidentally killed by a bandit.

Fortunately, the protagonist had escaped but her already weak twin brother, Qing Xianfeng was not lucky enough and had been killed by the second wife.

She ran into a hidden village where a couple adopted her as their second daughter.

She thought she would have a good life and tried to forget her past family but she didn't expect that the foster parents she had trusted didn't adopt her for a goodwill but to sacrifice her to a god that the villagers believe in.

Every ten years, the villagers would sacrifice a 14 years old virgin girl and by chance, the couple's real daughter will be 14 in the next sacrifice.

Finding out that the protagonist is the same age as their daughter had delighted the couple resulting them to adopt her in the end.

After finding their plan, Qing Lanbai ran away before the day of the sacrifice and went to the Capital City of Chang to be acknowledged by her family. But before she could meet her father, she was harassed by a group of young masters and was accidentally killed when she fought back.

Feeling her unwillingness, she was reborn to her seven years old self, a day before her stepmother's plot.

The time they were on their way to the temple, she took an important item of the fifteen years old Third Prince who was at that time just came back after his five years departure and accompanied by the strong bodyguards.

The protagonist prevented themselves to be schemed at but in return, she became acquainted to the male lead.

Even though she's young, the protagonist has a beautiful face and coupled with her unusual temperament, the male lead who dislikes children held an interest in her.

He helped the protagonist to take care of her enemies and change the fate of the people around her.

By the time the protagonist is almost 14 years old and will be married to her childhood fiance, the male lead helped her to cancel their engagement and marry him instead.

The leads became husband and wife and had a daughter before the emperor stepped down and gave the throne to them. And they live happily ever after in a addition of their son who was born after taking the throne.

So, who's our little transmigrator this time?

Our little transmigrator is in the body of the childhood friend and cousin of the Third Prince, Shi Lingyan, who's in love with the male lead since childhood.

She waited for the male lead to marry her. But even though she's already 20 and past the marriageable age, the male lead didn't take her hand and instead married the 14 years old protagonist as his wife.

Feeling hurt and remorseful, she kidnapped and tried to take the life of the female protagonist but hesitated in the end. In time, she hesitated, the protagonist asked and persuaded her that there's no advantage in killing her because the Third Prince isn't in love with her and won't marry her even if the protagonist is gone.

Feeling conflicted and awakened, she let go of the protagonist and returned home to agree for the marriage arrangement made by her parents. But before she could do it, she was married to the far away kingdom for the sake of alliance, being unfavoured and completely forgotten by her womanizing husband.

As she went through to the memories, she felt conflicted. She then, saw a set of words in the air. Good luck, Shi Lingyan.

How unlucky.