Studying?

LISA POV

I throw my English novel into my backpack in a hurry. She had invited me over to her fucking house! I can't keep her waiting for Christ's sake.

Deciding that my pyjama shirt, which was sporting a large coffee stain on the front from when I let Jisoo borrow it, was not appropriate attire for a study session at your teacher's house. It took a little while to decide what to wear and then another few moments to make sure my yellow cropped shirt and jeans were ironed nicely.

Making up for lost time spent deciding on an outfit, I got dressed in three seconds flat and out the door in possibly the world record time.

Do I walk there? That would take me longer. Then again, her house is in the same neighbourhood as me. Only a few streets down. If I do a jog I can make it there in around 7 - 10 minutes. That should be fine.

The scent of freshly mowed grass filled my nostrils as I made my way to the front yard. The wet mulch sticking to the bottom of my new shoes made me cringe a little, but it was either these shoes perish a little or wear the old converse that she has already seen me wear a bunch of times.

God, when did I become so self-conscious of this?

She's only 4 streets down. And I knew for a fact that it was an apartment in one of those new complexes that had been put up only in recent years. When she had sent me the address I recognised it as one of the locations that my Mum wanted to buy so she could rent out the apartment to people. I just had to figure out which building.

I couldn't help but think about why she had invited me over... just to study? Or did she actually enjoy my company like she said she did?

When I finally got to her building, and a nice one at that, I headed into the lobby, looking a little wild from my jog. I patted my hair down and straightened my shirt. Walking to the elevator it dawned on me that in our quick exchange of messages and in my rush to get ready, she hadn't sent me a floor or room number.

I shuffle nervously through the lobby, awkwardly looking around. What do I do? She's probably upstairs waiting for me and I was stuck down here looking like a dickhead while the bitchy receptionist threw me judgemental glances.

Slipping my hand into my back pocket and shooting the receptionist back a bitchy glance, I pull out my phone and dial the number that I have embarrassingly memorised despite it already being saved to my contacts. This thing is a nightmare to type on, the shattered screen causes the keys to go haywire and I can barely type.

"Hello?" Her honey-like voice is soft on the end of the line and I feel my stomach stir. "Is everything alright Lisa? Did you need me to pick you up?"

"No no, everything is fine. Um, you just didn't send me a room number or a floor level. So I can't really get up to your apartment." I chuckled awkwardly at the end of my words, making light of the whole situation."

I hear her gasp on the line and mutter an "oh shit" underneath her breath.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry!" I could hear her rushing a little through the phone. "I'll come down and get you, I'll be there in a second".

"See you soon". I hit the little red button to cut off the call and smiled softly as I slipped my phone back into my pocket. It only took a minute or two for her to come jogging out of the elevator, breathing heavily.

In contrast to last nights look, she wasn't wearing any makeup this morning. Her features were less bold than usual but they were just as gorgeous. Miss Park in casual wear was hotter than I thought it was going to be. She had her dark hair pulled into a bun, perched right on top of her head and she seemed to be wearing just skinny jeans and a plain blue T-shirt. There were small paint strokes on her shirt and immediately I imagine her leaning over a canvas and letting the paint flow over the easel. The thought brought a smile to my lips.