I - Zodiacs

A deafening silence filled us as we felt irksome because of Hunter’s deadly remarks. And when a sly laugh echoed in the entire room, most of us glared at him while the twins were saluting their middle finger towards Hunter. If the other students think highly of Hunter, then the Zodiacs don’t.

“Logan said that this was a serious matter,” I jeered. Hunter squinted his eyes and was about to walk towards me when Logan pulled his hand and glared at him.

Luh. Logan n’yo, scary na.

Hunter, a stupid homo, cleared his throat and drifted his attention to the screen, “Sorry about that. You’re all so cute when you’re startled.” As he clicked and arranged Ophiuchus, I can’t help but brood at him. This is the problem with Hunter because he cannot laugh even when discussing serious events.

My brows automatically lifted when some photographs began to be projected in each of our monitors. This is not my doing. With every swipe I do, I can’t help but be bombarded with the eeriness I feel. All the shots in their heads were all the same area; the center of the forehead was Hindu’s put the red dot. And even though the photographs are from different angles, I can clearly see that they are accurately done. 

Danger.

I heaved a sigh and languidly slammed my back to the chair. I weakly adjusted my glasses and once again looked at the screen. Madow is the forest located in the back of the dormitories; the Aquila building is in front of the Madow, and located at the left part, and is known as the dormitory of the ladies. At the same time, the right part is the direction of Caelum, the dormitory of the guys. And in the middle of the two dormitories was the Celestial Kingdom, the border between the Aquila and Caelum, and the dormitory made for the members of the Zodiacs.

“She’s brooding again…”

But the Madow isn’t just a forest, and there is a secret that lies within that vicinity filled with trees and mulch. In the depths of the Madow was a hidden chamber, which serves as a hideout. It was troublesome because none of us new about it, and even though the hidden passage cannot be seen by just glancing because the lever to open the route was in a tree, which is blending to the others.

We named that passage as Daedalus’ Labyrinth, not because it looks like one. But because it was a maze of passages.

And at the end of the Madow, a 30-feet thick, tall wall was located. The border that divides us from the outside, especially that the only place where people can go in and out of the Phantom Academy was supposed to be in the main gate. Though the Zodiacs and Mr. Montano use a secret exit, we pull one of the torches, and an elevator will appear.

I squinted my eyes when I noticed something intriguing. And as I zoomed it, and abruptly lifted my head, which made an impact on someone.

Tiningnan ko nang masama si Hunter dahil sa katangahan n’ya at ngayon ay hinihimas niya ang baba n’ya na naumpog dahil sa biglaan kong pagtunghay. Tila naramdaman n’ya ang inis ko kaya’t hinaplos niya ang aking ulo na tumama sa baba niya at hinipan iyon.

Tangina. Para siyang tanga.

“Isa…” Pagbabanta ko. Agad naman niyang tinanggal ang kamay niya kaya’t tinuon kong muli ang atensyon ko sa monitor.