12.

Chapter 12

We almost tip toed our way out of the room without so much as a glance towards us.

I smiled at Xavier in which I meant I was heading off. I was happy we were okay again, because for some reason it pained me to know he wasn't there. But he was now, and somehow my spirit lifted.

Just as I was about to turn around to walk away, he grabbed my elbow with his rough, large hands. They made me shiver, and his hand on my arm did no justice for my beating heart.

"Where are you going?" He said with a threatening tint to his voice. I looked to him with confusion. Back to my room was the answer. He turned me around with his hand and I found myself close to his body.

My body began to feel clammy, I could feel myself almost sweating infront of him. My face burned as electricity flew through every nerve ending. Oh what he did to me. How could it be possible?

"What are you doing?" I just about got out.

"I was wondering...I was wondering..." His hand came to scratch the nape of his neck and he looked almost nervous. Was he nervous? Why? He didn't look at me, he looked to the wall behind me, and it seemed as if he couldn't get his words out.

"What?" I breathed as I looked to his face in confusion. He still didn't look to me.

"I was wondering-"

"I know you're wondering something," I interjected. He let out a small breath.

"Fuck it," he whispered as he looked to the side of my cheek. Never to my eyes. Why? "Do you want to go and do something with me?" He asked. He scratched the nape of his neck again and I realised that's what he did when he was nervous or was anticipating something.

My heart beated hard against my chest. He wanted me to do something with him? It was always me making him do something with me. Did we have a revelation here?

"Oh, of course, yeah," I replied as I looked to him with a smile. He didn't really smile back, but he nodded his head and turned around. I could faintly hear the big huff of air he let out through his nose as he walked infront of me.

Almost forgetting himself, he stopped to let me catch up with his long strides and continued to walk slowly beside me so we continued to stay side by side.

"Where are we going?" I asked as I continued to look forward.

Xavier opened the big metal door infront of us and waited until I was outside. The wind was strong but I could feel the warmth from Xavier and I didn't feel cold at all.

"Where do you want to go?" He asked back. We continued to walk forward at a leisurely pace.

"I don't mind," I shrugged my shoulders in reply.

"Okay, I've got a place," Xavier replied. He took my over to the road opposite of the big college building.

There were shops lined against the streets but none of which Xavier took me to.

People were buzzing around me, I was surrounded by human bodies as they rushed to lunch. Bikes also whizzed passed in the streets, gently moving to prevent collision.

I never really ventured up to this part of town because it never really appealed to me, and as much as I loved the relaxation and quietness of where our college building was situated, I also really loved the business and almost excitement many people brang in a crowded town.

Xavier kept me close at all times. He didn't really touch me in anyway, but he always had his body pressed up against my back as a sign of protectiveness.