t e n

6 MAY 2034

6 MAY 2034

◣ C A M E R A  2

"wait- guys, I think I got it." hoseok remarked excitedly as his pen scribbled across his notebook. the group gathered once again, around the coffee table, their figures blocking the camera's view of hoseok's discovery.

he passed the notebook over to namjoon who read the three words out loud.

"delicate, petals," he paused for a moment as his eyes read the next word over and over again, he felt a cloud forming in his brain as a sudden realization dawned on him. "rose."

the whole group stiffened at the last word uttered and all of them exchanged troubled glances as chills ran down their spines.

"this has something to do with the ROSE." namjoon was the first to break the eerie silence. his voice wavered at the end giving away the fact that he too was panicked which he often concealed with a carefree smile.

"what could this mean?" taehyung spoke next as he inched closer to his lover as fear crept up his spine. and the words that namjoon uttered next brought all the hopes crashing down into one big pile of disappointment.

"i don't know. I'll think about it once I go back home. but whatever it is we have to stay safe and as I said before do not step outside at nightfall." he paused, reaching into his bag, pulling out an item which he placed on the table. "i got this from the girl we found dead yesterday morning."

a chorus of ohs ran around the room as they leaned forward to read the writings on the item. all except jeongguk who now had his attention transfixed on the television which he had turned on a few seconds ago.

kang yeon ji, it read. it was her nametag, which was now covered with layers of scarlet.

"and I think I know what the ROSE is doing." jin spoke as he glared at the words written in hoseok's notebook accusingly.

"this is a game." he paused. "and we are the players."