e l e v e n

6 MAY 2034

6 MAY 2034

◣ C A M E R A 2

everyone's smiles dropped as soon as the words rolled off his tongue and the dense silence that followed was soon cut off when jeongguk squealed in surprise, breaking the silence immediately.

"oh, I almost forgot. I got something for you, jimin hyung!" he said excitedly, clapping his hands in glee. jimin moved away from taehyung as he made his way towards the younger, with a small smile etched on his face.

jeongguk took jimin's hand as he placed an item on it, closing his palm so it remained hidden to the others.

jimin opened his palm cautiously and as soon as his eyes rested on the item in his hand a cynical smile made his way to his lips.

his eyes moved to meet jeongguk's enlivened ones and he leaned in to ruffle his hair affectionately.

it was a small paintbrush. the gift was the exact length of jimin's palm and he wondered for a split second how jeongguk got his hands on such an item but didn't bother to inquire.

"you can start painting again! just like you did before." jeongguk exclaimed. his excited tone remained constant.

jimin glanced around the room.

"thank you so much, jungkook. i really appreciate it, b- but I don't think i'll start painting again any time soon." he said sending a fleeting glance towards yoongi, whose eyes remained impudently on his hands.

the light that lit jeongguk's eyes started to fade as his lips started to tremble. not a second passed, jeongguk started to wail and namjoon immediately moved to his side.

"you don't like my present, jimin hyung!" jeongguk wailed.

"no, no. i really do love it!" jimin exclaimed placing the brush on his heart to prove his point yet jeongguk remained unfazed.

jeongguk got up, his hands clenched into fists as he glared at jimin through his teary eyes.

"i hate you!" he exclaimed and the room fell into a deafening silence.