Read My Lips: Chapter 24

Chapter 24

As I lay on the ground, all I could seem to take in was how cold it was. My head was pounding as I squeezed my eyes shut in an attempt to ease the on-going pain.

My head was throbbing.

Groaning, I slowly opened my eyes as I began to sit up. The first thing I noticed was how I was alone. The two idiots who’d attacked me were gone and I was stuck in this room. Probably locked in too.

I had no idea how to get out from the area that I was locked in. As I finally got up of the floor, I slowly made my way over to the door that had me trapped. With the last bit of hope I had left, I pulled on the door handle in an attempt to see if it was open.

Only it wasn’t.

There was no way that I was going to get out until they came back. And if they came back then I wasn’t sure if I was ever going to get out. Alive or not. There was nothing stopping them from doing anything to me. They had me and they could do whatever they wanted to. 

Making my way over to the closest wall, I let my back hit the wall as I slid down until I was sitting down. I pulled my knees up to my chest and laid my head on top of my knees, gripping my head as I did so. The pain in my head was dreadful.

I didn’t know how long I’d sat on the floor, or for how long I’d even been out cold for that matter, but it felt like it’d been hours. It could’ve been minutes, or hours, but I found myself longing for those men to come back just so I could attempt to get out of the room.

Just like that, the door was forced open. The two men, Paul and Max stood there smirking at me from the doorway.

“How are you feeling?” Max smirked, tilting his head to the side as he stared at me on the floor.

“Fine.” I bluntly answered, turning to look at the wall beside their heads so that I didn’t have to look at them.  

A hand grasped my chin forcing my gaze to turn to look at the person who’d done it. Max stared into my eyes. “Look at me when I’m talking to you.” He spat.

I felt absolutely terrified as I looked the man dead in the eyes. Still though, I refused to speak. I just stared.

Max copied what I was doing, staring at me dead in the eye whilst also making no move to speak. After staring, he let go of my chin and stood back up returning to his space next to Paul. Neither of the large men spoke as they stared down at me on the floor like I was a little child who was getting told off.

I felt like a child, if I was being honest.

The two men in front of me, however, were distracting me from the pain inside my head caused by the blow I’d taken to knock me out. The pain was still there although it felt duller due to the fact I’d put my attention towards the two men.

I had to find a way to get out of this room. There had to be a way of getting out of here. Whilst Paul and Max whispered to each other, I let my eyes roam around the room, trying to find an escape route, an escape out of here.

The room itself was bare. A tatty chair sat on one side of the room, the only piece of furniture that there was, no pictures were on the wall at all. In fact, the wallpaper itself appeared to be beginning to peel giving the room an old, abandoned look. All that was left in the room was a window which appeared to be all locked up.

From my view on the floor, the window didn’t look like it was open or going to open anytime soon. So I decided that after the two men left (which, they probably would) I would inspect this window. Knowing these two though, there’d be no chance that I would be getting out of that window. But I had to have hope.