18.

E R I C

"Sir! Suggest where I should put these lights!?", She said showing me a trail of red lights.
I looked at her, "Put them with the curtains. Mom likes gold and red."
Quirky combination..

"David help me put it up!", She said and climbed the window sill attempting to put the trails of lights there.

God! Somebody tell her we have workers for that work.

I diverted my gaze from her to the hall that would be the venue for the party tonight.

Just because Erica said I should take part in the preparations, I did.
However, I myself don't know how I agreed, but may be I am still feeling guilty about my crude behaviour yesterday.

After an hour of continuous examining and supervising, it was finally done.

"It looks awesome!", David commented as he stood by my left.

"Yeah it does!", Said Erica by my right.

"Let's grab something to eat. My stomach is growling.", David said grabbing his jacket.

Sighing I followed him and Erica too came with us.

After we settled with our food, David started his rambling.

"I am going to bring Venus as my date today...", He said dreamily.
Even I was thinking of taking Erica as my date.
Not anything sneaky, but I think she'll be good.
But the question is how will I ask her to be my plus one.

Because if I called any other girl of my acquaintance, I am sure I'll be raped.

"What about you Erica!?", David asked.

"Um..I already have one.", She said absent mindedly.

"Who is that!?", I snapped even when I didn't mean to.

She looked at me slightly shocked but soon recovered.
"Evans Harrison!"

Now it was my turn to be shocked.

That bastard!!!

Evans Harrison is my cousin, who was grinding his teeth to take up my position if I reject dad's offer.
He's already been in dad's good books, and if I didn't knew better, I would mistake him as my father's son.

Hell! He will take my PA also!

"How do you know him!?", I asked with a sharp look.

She gave me a brief glance then turned to her food, "We have hanged out alot in the past two months."

A scowl formed on my face. And David noticed that.

"What about you Eric!?"

"I haven't decided yet!", I said in a monotonous tone when a very familiar voice interrupted, "I'll be his date!"

Julia!
Freaking fucking Julia!

I looked up at her and smiled sickly!

She had a hard time after she insulted Erica in Philippines. I made sure she loses the bests of her fashion designing contracts.

I saw the sudden change in Erica's demeanour as she saw her.
But she remained neutral and continued with her food.

Julia sat beside me on the bench, clinging to me like I was the last piece of meat.
"Oh hi David!", She said to David and then turned to Erica.
I squeezed her hand painfully so she acts civil.
She winced but then smiled a fake smile, "Oh Erica pleasure seeing you again."

Erica looked up and gave me an accusing look, "I can't say the same."

Then she turned to David, "David I am already done. I'll go. I have to meet with Evans, and then get ready for the party."