Bill Denbrough x Reader

I hate the rain with a vengeance and at this moment there was nothing that it was doing that was making me hate it even less. I felt like with each sharp breath I took I was drowning from the downpour. My (h/l) (h/c) was plastered to my face making it hard to see and my clothes were stuck to me like glue making it feel as though I was the tin man rusting as I sprinted (read splashing) my way to Bills house. I was running like my life depended on it, I had to be there for him. I couldn't let him go through the horror alone. My tears were beginning to mix with the rain as I my destination came into my sight.

Little Georgie missing. I couldn't fathom it and I didn't want to. He was the little brother I never got to have. He brightened up this God forsaken town with his smile and childlike wonder. I can still see him smiling and playing with the GI-Joe men that I bought him to be little captains for the boats that he and Bill liked to build and play with on a day like today. I angrily wiped away my tears and rang out my hair as I arrive on the front porch forcing myself through two police officers. With one teary eat-shit-and-die glare they let me go through the front door and up the stairs to my boyfriend's room.

I found him huddled on his bed chest heaving from the sobs that were racking his body. He looked at my figure in the door way looking so broken. My heart ached at the sight knowing that there was nothing I could say or do to alleviate the pain he was feeling. I shook off my shoes before waltzing over to him and bringing him into a much needed hug. He didn't care that he was getting soaked from touching me as he wrapped his arms around me and pulled himself closer. He nuzzled his head into my neck and I felt his warm tears replace the rain drops on my skin.

"They'll find him," I said my words coming out a little shaky as I tried to catch my breath and not show that I was also shedding tears.

"I-I should have b-b-been with him," Bill uttered against my neck causing me to pull back shaking my head.

"This is not your fault Bill. You were and still are sick. You couldn't go today and you know that that would not stop Georgie from going," I sighed putting a hand to his cheek to brush away some remaining tears. His breathing was beginning to even out, but I know that there was more where that came from.

"W-w-w-why him?" Bill sputtered tears filling his eyes again. I just shook my head looking down at the floor beside the bed where I have now created a hell of a puddle. Bill must have followed my gaze because he broke from my embrace and walked over to his closet pulling out some black sweats and a light blue shirt and handing them to me.

"Y-you should c-ch-change i-into some dry cl-clothes. Wouldn't w-w-want t-t-to catch a c-cold," Bill offered a smile small as I got off his now sodden bed and went to the bathroom to change. Once I felt like a moderately dry human again I briskly walked back to his room to see Bill at his desk holding one of Georgie's GI-Joe man.

"Did he bring Lefty with him today?" I asked. Lefty was Georgie's favorite GI. He saved him from a death sentence when the neighbor's bulldog got to him and chewed off his left leg. He was then bestowed the name Lefty by Georgie and became the GI he took everywhere.

"Yes," Bill said looking over at me still carrying the GI.

I grinned in response making my way over to him wrapping my arms around his neck as I explained, "Then there is nothing to worry about. I'm sure Lefty is doing everything in his power to protect him." It was a lame fairytale like response, but it got a small smile out of Bill before he wrapped his arms around me pulling me close. I pulled back to peck him on the lips and hold his hand rubbing my thumb in circular motions in a comforting way.

Bill got up from his desk and pulled us over to his bed and laid us down. My head found its way onto his chest and I kept our hands entwined.