K.J Apa x Reader

You sat in the chair that had your name sewn into the back, the gold, cursive writing standing out against the black canvas. Lili was sat next to you and Camila was next to her, the three off you being asked questions for an interview.
You were all laughing at the lame joke Lili had just told. But all gained your composure as you were on a time limit and needed to be in hair and makeup in 10 minutes. The common questions were asked, being shared between the three of you. 'Did you think you'd ever land the role?' 'What were your first impressions?' All that boring crap.
"(Y/N)," you were cut from your thoughts, your attention going back to the interviewer, making you smile. "You're one of the youngest on the show; only being 17. Now, we've seen that you and the New Zealand boy, KJ, have been seen around in public a lot. Do you want to tell us a bit more about the relationship you two have going on?" You bit your lip, looking at your Converse covered feet, and then looking back at the camera that was recording you.
"Well, it's how it looks, really. Since KJ is the closest to my age, we kind of just click. In a way. It's a little hard to explain, actually." You laugh, running your fingers through your hair and taking a deep breath, trying to work out what to say next. "Since I'm still being schooled, and I have assignments coming through, I go to KJ for help when I need it, since he's only just graduated, so things are still fresh in his mind, rather than me asking Lili or even Luke Perry. Even though they have much more maturity than I or KJ, it just seems simpler to ask KJ, since he could put it into words that understand to me a bit more. You know?" You laugh a little as you finish, scratching at your collar bone and taking a deep breath.
"Well! That's all we have for today folks! Here you have Lili Reinhart, Camila Mendes and (Y/N) (Y/L/N)! Subscribe to us below to get notifications for when we post more videos. Enjoy the rest of your day."
After the three of you bid the interviewer goodbye, you all walked towards hair and makeup, but not before Lili and Camila both stopped you.
"That was a really good cover up. We know you don't want to come public about yours and KJ's relationship just yet, but it might be a good idea to talk to him and discuss it. Otherwise rumours could be thrown around and a lot of stuff will be said." Lili looked you in the eye, smiling softly.
"And stuff will probably be said if you do come out public about all of this. But just remember that we all love you and you're perfect in your own way. So don't even bother listening to it." Camila added in, her arm going over your shoulders as you all continued to walk to the trailer. You stepped into the large trailer, which was filled with makeup and hair products and anything to do with all of that stuff. Honestly, you sucked at doing make up. You could do the simple base with mascara and a bit of bronzer and maybe even a winged eyeliner if you were lucky, but that's about it. You had no artistic skill whatsoever.
-
You were currently on scene, you and Cole were seated at the location of 'Pop's Chok'lit Shoppe'. He had his laptop in front of him, typing away. You had your camera in your hands, since your character, Chelsea, was the photographer for the Blue and Gold, but also just took up photography in her spare time.
"Jughead! Chels! Fancy seeing you two here." 'Archie' walked into Pop's taking a seat next to you and putting his hand over the back of the booth seat, his fingertips gently brushing against the back of your neck, making you acquire goose bumps on your skin. You took a deep breath, your lines coming from your mouth, almost a second too late, but the three of you continued your scene.
Once you had finished filming for the day, you had grabbed a packet of makeup wipes from the makeup trailer and headed towards your own trailer, which was a bit small, but you liked it. It was homey and very... you. You had decorated it so there were fairy-lights running along the roof of the trailer and you had your desk set up on the other side. Two bean-bags on the floor next to your bed and you had called it your home for the amount of time that you were here.
"(Y/N)?" You heard your name being said, along with a knock on the door. You were just about to sit down, but placed your handheld mirror and the makeup wipes on your bed, opening the door. KJ was outside of your trailer, a simple long-sleeved, grey shirt and a pair of black sweatpants on.
"Hey! Uh, come on in. I was just about to take my makeup off." You laughed, walking back towards your bed and sitting down cross-legged, holding your mirror with one hand and using the other hand to wipe your make up off. "Take a seat. Or you can stand, I don't mind." You looked up at the ginger –which was fading back to the dark brown he originally started off with-.
KJ took a seat on your bed, laying down and making himself comfortable, staring at your fairy-lights. "This is a pretty cool set up you have going on. Much more home-like compared to mine." He looked at you, smiling and looking back up at the fairy-lights.
You opened your mouth to talk, but were interrupted by your phone going off. "Excuse me," you smiled, grabbing your phone and seeing a text from Camila. 'We just saw KJ go into your trailer!!?? Give us all the details when it's over. Xoxo – C and L.'
KJ looked over at you, but you quickly turned your phone off and shoved it under one of your decorative pillows, smiling at KJ. "Oh! I have an Ancient History paper due in a few days, and I was wondering if you could read through it for me? Whenever you have time. I just need the uh, you know, have that feeling that someone has read it so I don't sound like a fool, really." You nervously laughed, standing up and grabbing the three page essay that was stapled together, handing it to KJ, who placed it down next to him and smiled at you.
"I'll be sure to look at it tonight. But, I wanted to talk to you about something." He started, and you bit your lip, crossing your arms over your chest and taking a deep breath, sitting down on the edge of the bed.
"Sure, uh. Go ahead." You nodded, preparing yourself for the worst.
"So, I know we have a... thing... going on here. And I'm not sure where it's heading, or where I'm heading, but I definitely know I want you apart of my life. I mean, you can say no! I just thought, since it's been going on for a little while now, I just wanted to ask... What are we? Am I just your co-star and someone who helps you with your schooling? Am I just a friend? A colleague? Or am I something a bit more than all of that?" KJ looked up at you, his brown eyes were glinting from the fairy-lights, and they made him look beautiful. You were breath taken.
You shifted in your seated position, uncrossing your arms and taking his hands, since he had now sat up, waiting for your answer. Your thumb ran across his knuckles as you tried to work out what you were gonna say.
"I really, really like you, KJ. You're so perfect and sometimes I think that I'm not good enough for you. I want you to be happy, and I'll gladly be a part of your experience. You make me so happy, and I'm grateful for that." You smiled softly, your heart fluttering in your chest as he sat up, leaning in to kiss you. As soon as his lips touched yours, you had fallen for him even more. It was very cliché to say this, but it was perfect.
-
After yours and KJ's little confession time, you had just laid there, both staring at the fairy-lights, but it was eventually time for him to go back to his trailer. You bid him goodbye with a kiss and a smile, telling him you would text him.
"I'll see you tomorrow." He smiled and you nodded.
"Tomorrow. Goodnight, KJ."
"Goodnight, (Y/N)."
As soon as you closed your trailer door, you had a huge grin on your face. You grabbed your phone from under the pillow and began to text everything that had happened to Camila and Lili.

Credit: messedupbuttercup.tumblr.com