Lexi- "I hate studying"

Description: just a short Lexi one
Warnings: none
***************************************
I sat on at the dining room table Lexi opposite me going over the stupid notes for math. I hated maths, majority of the time I didn't get it, that's what prompted me to start studying with Lexi. Lexi was one of the smartest students in our class but she always played it down, like she'd know the answer but never put her hand up to answer it, she never spoke in class unless the teacher called on her. I let out a sigh as I placed my pencil in the paper and closed my eyes leaning back on the chair. I really wish math wasn't a core subject, that when we reached a certain age we could drop it if we wanted to but no.

"I hate studying. I can't wait for high school to be over" I said as I sat back properly in the chair.
"Working is not much better, you know?" Lexi placed her pencil down and turned her focus to me and not the notes that she had in front of her.
"Yeah working sucks but at least you get paid for your suffering. The only thing high school had given me is crippling depression and anxiety" I replied looking straight at Lexi who just shook her head.
"Don't you want a good job?" Lexi asked.
"I plan on starting my own company" I replied with a smile looking at the girl.
"Yeah and don't you think having a college degree would help that? And to go to college you need good grades" Lexi picked her pencil up messing with it in her hands.
"No I don't think so" I said. "I mean think about Richard Branson he dropped out of high school at 15 and his like a billionaire"
"Yeah but-" "David Karl also dropped out at 15, went on to develop tumblr, now a millionaire." I interrupted her.
"Yeah okay" she placed the pencil back down.
"See you don't need a college degree to be a success, those guys probably didn't even How a high school degree and they've made millions. I'm not saying I'm dropping out of high school, but studying and stressing yourself out ain't all that" again I leant back in the chair.

****
Work hard at school kids.
But seriously I hate maths,
Also I should say what I write about isn't always my opinions. I plan on going to university but if you don't want to then okay. Don't let anyone pressure you into doing something you don't want to. Also I failed my maths test twice before finally passing. (Considering those in the UK get their GCSE results today).
Request are open
Feel free to message me
(That includes anything)
X