Part 8

I woke up earlier this morning to make it to the coffee shop and to work on time. I wouldn't let myself be blindsided again and be made late to a job I really wanted and needed. My boss probably already thought that I was clumsy and that I lied about my work ethic, so I was on the path to redemption and was proud of the fact that I was actually ten minutes early.

I even made it a point to talk with Dariah at the front desk before I made my way up to the intense man at the top of his ivory--more like ebony--tower.

"Good Morning, Dariah," I stated cheerfully. I was in a good mood and felt like nothing could bring me down.

"Morning," she said, looking me up and down.

I thought I caught a nasty look on the woman's face but didn't even know Dariah so I couldn't fathom why would she dislike me? I hadn't even spoken more than a handful of words to her.

She leaned forward and balanced her head on her clasped fingers, "So Gen, I've seen that you met Jeremy a few times. Isn't he cute?"

"Jeremy," I asked, a little confused as to where the subject of him came from.

I hadn't really even thought of him, not with Dominic in almost all of my waking thoughts.

I mean, of course, Jeremy was cute... he was more than cute, he was hot, but Dominic was on a whole other level.

He'd probably never even give me the time of day outside of work, though...

"Yeah, and I think I've heard him talking about you...like in a good way," she wiggled her eyebrows and grinned.

"Oh, really," I asked, feeling the blood rush to my cheeks, "You think he likes me?"

Dariah straightened up and then looked down at her phone, "There's only one way to find out."

Jeremy walked into the building holding a drink carrier with two cups of coffee, "Hey, Gen! Did you have coffee this morning?"

I turned to look at Dariah and she looked up, raising her eyebrows and then cutting her eyes to him.

I turned back to Jeremy, "I actually haven't. Why do you ask?"

He handed me the coffee in the see-through cup with whipped cream on top which I could only assume was,"--I got you a caramel frappe. I'm pretty sure most girls like caramel. I was going on blind faith," he admitted with a shy smile as he handed me the cup.

I smiled because that's exactly what I usually ordered, "This is perfect."

We started walking and then he chimed in while summoning the elevator, "So, how have you been liking the job so far?"

I took a sip of my coffee and lied--sort of--, "Great, it's been great."

Luckily, the elevator arrived and we stepped in before he got a chance to look at my face to tell if I was lying or not.

"And Mr. Blackstone, how's he treatin' ya?"

"Oh, we don't speak much," I stated as I watched Jeremy press our numbered buttons, "Or at least we didn't yesterday," I shrugged.

I contemplated asking him to go to lunch with me. Girls do that sort of thing now, right? I mean, it's the 21st century, girls can do almost anything.

So I took a deep breath before gathering my courage, "Hey, Jeremy? Uh, would you be interested in grabbing lunch with me today?"

He whipped his head to the side so fast I was sure he had to have hurt himself but he replied, "Really? I mean, sure. I'd love to have lunch. Today?"

I chuckled, "Yes, today and yes, really. Why do you ask?"

He raised his eyebrows, "Well, because I would think you would rather go with--," the elevator chimed before he could finish so he stepped out and said, "Nevermind, I'll meet you in the lobby at 12."

"See you then," I said and we smiled at each other as the doors closed.

I wondered who he thought I would've rather gone with as I finally made it to the office before walking to my desk.

But today, instead of my usual uncluttered desk, there was quite a large stack of papers on it.

"Good morning, Genevieve. I need all of that information put into the system please. Get as much done as you can before lunch because I have an important business appointment scheduled during that time and obviously you will be there," Dominic said, not looking up from his paperwork.

"But...Sir, I already had plans for lunch with someone," I stated nervously.

He looked up from the documents on his desk and raised his eyebrows. His eyes raked up and down my figure much like they had the day of my interview.

I knew he'd like the thin beige pullover because it clung to my body and the dark navy pencil skirt that I paired with cuffed open-toe red heels.

I knew this outfit was showing off my full figure like the outfit had the day of the interview. And I knew he liked it.

He can't take his eyes off of you.′

"Well, you'll just have to cancel then, won't you," he stated with a sigh and a raised eyebrow.

I sat down at my desk and powered on the computer, sighing in defeat, "Yes, of course, Sir."

He cleared his throat, "Who, uh... who were you planning to go to lunch with?"

Is that an emotion I detect from the stoic brute over there?′

I looked over at him with slightly furrowed brows, "Oh, um, I invited Jeremy from the 12th floor."

"Jeremy...," He took a deep breath and raked a hand through his hair, "...huh. Well, hurry up and get to work, please."

Certainly, it wasn't jealousy. Dominic barely knew me, and I was his subordinate.

"Oh!"

I shot up and grabbed the warm cup I had placed on my desk and the white paper bag filled with muffins and walked to Dominic's desk.

"I almost forgot these," I said as I placed his coffee cup down and reached into the bag and pulled out a big chocolate muffin and a napkin.

Leaning forward to place the muffin on the napkin, I was completely aware that my shirt was revealing a bit of the black lace push up bra I had on. I was also completely aware that his eyes were on my cleavage. I wore my best bra for a reason today, after all.

I straightened and pushed my hair behind me, "Where is this business lunch going to be today?"

His eyes moved down to his desk at the few pieces of paper there, "Some fancy restaurant here in town. This client is important so we want to woo him."

I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear and put on my best submissive voice, "Do you think my outfit is appropriate... for the restaurant, Sir? Or is it not professional enough?"

He coughed into his fist, "No, Genevieve, your outfit is... fine."

"Ok, Dominic. Thank you for your input," I said sweetly before spinning on my heels and sashaying back to my desk.

The feeling of knowing that Dom's eyes were on my backside while my hips moved a little more exaggerated than normal had me smirking.

When I got back to my desk, I peeked through my hair just in time to see him avert his eyes back down to his papers.

He is so yours. Forget that Jeremy kid. You need a man, and you need that man.′

Yes, I do