Part 35

He cleared his throat and as I looked up from my work, I saw him approaching my desk. 

"Genevieve?"

I smiled brightly up at him, "Only on days that end in 'Y', Sir."

He chuckled, "There's a charity event coming up... A ball of sorts. I was wondering if you were going to be able to make it."

My brows furrowed, "Like, a 'ball' ball? Like, big princess gowns and all of that?"

He chuckled again, "Most of the women just wear regular form-fitting gowns, but yes. It's being held this Friday night. Will you be able to make it?"

"Are you asking me to be your date, Dominic," I questioned with a raised brow. 

Surely not, as paparazzi would most likely be there.

He sighed and looked over to the windows before looking back at me, "No, Genevieve. I will be bringing Jasmine. We've gone together for the past three years and it would be--"

"--I don't need an explanation, Sir. I am your assistant, but, also, your secret submissive. If you want me to be there, then I will be. I need to get a dress though. Will you let me leave early today?"

A small smile played on his lips, "Sure, Princess. Get something emerald green."

"Is that the theme? What if I get a dress that someone else is going to wear?"

"No, it's the color I'm going to be wearing," he had his rear leaned against the side of my desk like earlier. He looked so carefree and it made my chest feel tight.

"Will Jasmine be wearing emerald green, Sir," I asked quietly. 

I didn't want to go against him, but I also didn't want to wear the same color dress as her.

"No, Princess. She'll be wearing something red."

I smiled and pulled my bottom lip between my teeth as he leaned forward and dropped his voice to a husky whisper, "Think of it this way, you'll be matching me because you belong to me. It'll be a secret little game we're playing. Would you like that?"

I let out a shuddered breath, "Yes, Sir."

He grinned, then straightened and cleared his throat. 

"I have to go," he looked down at his watch and so did I. It was already 11:50.

"So, this week...or?" I let the rest of the question ask itself.

He looked down for a moment, "His contract is coming up for renewal in another month."

"Okay, Sir." 

I turned back to my computer and began working again. 

There was no point in arguing. If he wanted to stay with her, then fine. I would get what I wanted from him and when it was time for me to leave this floor and become my own boss, I would forget about him and he could stay with Jasmine for as long as he wanted.

"Genevieve, I will bre--"

"--You don't need to explain anything to me, Dominic. I am your submissive and your subordinate. You don't have to make any more promises to me. Just," I sighed deeply and looked back up at him, "let me work, let me prove myself to you, and then let me prove that you can trust me with my own floor of people. That's all I want, Sir. I want to make a name for myself, and that starts with you."

He nodded curtly and turned, making his way to the hallway and I heard the elevator chime when the doors opened.

***

"As I've said, Mr. Emerson, we need you here next week and we can only fit you in on Tuesday."

"That's very short notice, Ms. Carlyle. I don't know... I think I need to look over a few things and I'll get back to you," the man's voice came through the office phone.

"Mr. Blackstone is happy to have had your business for the last four years you have been with us and we want to make sure you stay with us for a lot longer. We appreciate you and you know that if you ever needed anything you could call Mr. Blackstone at any time. How many CEOs do you know like that? You know he goes above and beyond for his clients and partners and you are no exception. He wanted me to call you personally so that I could get the yes from you, Sir."

"Dominic has been a great friend through the years, yes, but with prices--"

I was going to have to bring out the big guns, "--Mr. Emerson, I really look forward to seeing you and sealing this deal. I know you're used to doing business with his last assistant, but I assure you that when you are in my hands... I will never fail to please you, ...Sir."

I made sure to drop my voice into a husky almost whisper-like tone, "Just come by on Tuesday, Sir, and we can see how things go, yeah? We can go through the contract together and we'll answer any questions you have. Come on, Gary. What do you say?"

I heard him clear his throat through the phone and then I heard the lust in his voice, "Ms. Car--"

"--Genevieve, Mr. Emerson," I whispered.

"Genevieve, I'll uh, I'll see you Tuesday."

'Nice work.'

"See you then, Sir. It's been a pleasure speaking with you. Have a wonderful rest of the week."

I set the phone on the receiver and pumped my fist in the air and then spun my chair in a short circle until I noticed Dominic standing in the hallway looking at me with a smirk on his face... I felt my own face redden.

"Did you just use your sex appeal to entice a client/partner to fly cross country to renew his contract, Princess?" 

He moved across the room slowly, but with purpose, and I could see a look of lust in his eyes as he leaned over me, his hands on my arm rails.

"Yes, Sir," a smirk of my own was present on my still blushing face. I was proud that I got that stubborn asshole to agree, but I was nervous about how Dominic would react to the way I got him to agree.

"We didn't really need him. I was actually thinking he would decline and you would leave it alone. Gary Emerson is a rather hard man to get through to."

I feigned shock, "You set me up to fail, Sir?"

He nodded with a smile of admiration on his face, "I did, and it's so sexy watching you work your voice to make men do all that you want. He's going to bust a load all over my conference room when he sees you."

I arched my back so that my lips were brushing against his, "I'll wear something sexy, Sir... Get him all hot and bothered, and then we'll close the deal."

He growled, his eyes still on mine until he closed the distance between our lips forcefully.

"You're so sexy, Genevieve," he nipped my lips and pulled back.

"Thank you, Sir," I was blushing still and I, myself, was hot and bothered.