Part 39

"What are you doing here, Preston," Dominic asked, his hand still on my back even though Jasmine was, literally, standing right beside me.

I gazed up at Preston and now I realized why I was comparing him so hard to Dominic and it was because, of course, they were brothers. I didn't want to see it at first, but they bore a striking resemblance and it was no wonder this man was making me weak in the knees.

"Brothers," I muttered, looking into Prestons eyes. 

I couldn't deal with three Blackstones. I proved untrustworthy with the female... I didn't want to know what would happen if the new one in front of me gave me a command.

"Why are you here," Dominic asked and Preston looked up from my eyes to his brother.

"What? I couldn't drop by and say 'hi' to my favorite brother?" 

The smirk on Preston's face said everything but that he was here for Dominic.

"I find that hard to believe since the last thing I heard you detested me and thought your branch was more successful."

"I could never detest you, brother. Who, then, would I turn to in times of crisis, if I needed advice, if I were to fall on hard times?" 

He chuckled as if he didn't believe what was coming from his mouth either, "I've come here to give my money to charity, if you must know. I just decided that I needed this woman more than I needed a boat or a piece of art." 

His eyes were on me with his last sentence.

I heard Dominic growl and press himself into me, "She's not for sale. Go steal from one of the others. I'm sure our siblings will be happy to see you."

"There are more of you," I asked quietly. My heart couldn't take any more smirking, brooding, amber-eyed dominants.

Preston looked down at me and gave me that famous 'Blackstone smirk', "Yes, there are five of us. I did hear about your encounter with Katherine. She tells me you are quite the princess. Is that true?"

So much was happening at that moment. Five of them?! I'd have to thank their parents personally if they all look like Dominic, Preston, and Katherine.

"Five," I whispered. I was mesmerized and completely fucked as I felt Dominic pinch a bit of skin on my back, making me yelp.

"You want to dance," Preston asked, smirk still present on his lips, his knuckles running up my arm.

I heard Jasmine huff and storm off, but I hadn't looked away from Preston's eyes.

"Leave her alone, Preston," Dominic's voice was low and commanding.

"Only if she wants, brother. Though I did pay for her." He lifted his eyes to Dominic, who had moved to my side when Jasmine left.

"I'll pay you back. You won't get anywhere near her alone. She belongs to me," Dominic's voice was a low murmur now, but I could hear the venom in his words.

"She looks to be mine right now," Preston looked back down at me and grabbed my hand. I hadn't looked away from him yet.

The whole family looks like that? Remind me to never go to any holiday events. I'd be spread out on the dinner table.

"You wanna dance with me, Princess?"

"No," Dominic's husky voice was in my ear and I finally turned to look at him. I felt a feeling of familiarity. I felt a feeling of security with him.

"No," I whimpered.

"No, Princess," he murmured and tucked a loose strand of hair behind my ear.