chapter 29

katherines pov:

"Hey stranger!" My dad called as I walked in the door with my suitcase in hand. His face changed as soon as he saw the sulkiness coming from mine.

"Baby..." He said, getting up from the couch, stumbling over to hug me. Drunk cunt.

I let him hug me, but when he pulled away I rolled my suitcase back to my room, and closed my door shut.

The smell of Billies perfume filled the air whenever I unzipped my suitcase to unpack my stuff, and the tears started flowing once again.

Why do I feel so alone? I lived 17 years without her and now I'm sitting here, sobbing because I won't see her for two weeks. I feel like I need her. I think I do.

I stopped unpacking, laying down on my bed, face down into my sheets. Silk and tears are a weird material mix.

I sat for a second, but then got up after thinking for a bit.

I miss her. And I will. But sitting and sulking will only make me miss her more. I keep telling myself it's only two weeks, but that sounds like two years in my mind.

She wouldn't be able to text me for a while because she's on the plane, so I try to preoccupy myself. I turn on my hype music playlist, and start to clean my room that's been left messy for the past month.

I shuffle things into their original places, putting all the clothes on my floor into the dirty clothes hamper. I finished quickly, which didn't help considering it didn't distract me for very long.

I decided to post something to my instagram story, just to spice things up.

A simple picture of me pouting with the caption "shleeeepyyy" but then in smaller letters, "and i miss her:(

A simple picture of me pouting with the caption "shleeeepyyy" but then in smaller letters, "and i miss her:(." Surely that'll make things interesting.

I scroll through my feed, seeing pictures of Bil from paparazzi today. There's new ones of those everyday. But then I come across a picture of Bil and I hugging before she left to get in the plane.

She really just never gets privacy.

I keep scrolling past it, ignoring it. My whole explore page along with my regular page is just Billie. I follow so many fan pages it's insane.

I decide to grab my computer, googling "billie eilish live performance." I still haven't watched her perform at all and I honestly really do wanna see. Everyone talks about how hype she is.

I click on the first one that pops up, copycat.

I watch through, honestly amazed. There's a specific part in the bridge where she asks the crowd to get down, and then whenever she says "sike bitch" they all jump. Hard as fuck. The way she says it is so cute, she doesn't say the "bitch" part in the real song.

The crowd goes crazy during every hype song, and sings softly with every slow song. It's beautiful. I guess I never grasped how many people go out to see her. How much she means to all of them.

I find myself watching her live videos for a while, until my phone dings, and the name "bil baby<3" comes up on my screen.

bil baby<3:

just got off the plane, hi baby:)

I smiled just at her texting me. She really gotta toll on my heart.

I text her back, and we talk about her flight for a while. But, after a while I get an incoming facetime, obviously from her.

She smiles, greeting me with a "Hiiii Katherineeee." Maggie pops in to say hi, and a familiar boy's voice comes from behind Billie, until she shines the camera on Finneas. "I miss you dude. Come with us next time." he says, looking up from his phone smiling.

Never thought i'd miss that doofus as much as I do.

Billie stares at me, not even saying a word, just smiling.

"I watched your performances on youtube. You're incredible." I said, breaking her staring contest with my face.

"It's all the crowd I swear. They make me incredible." She said, with no hesitation. They really meant so much to her.

We talked for almost two hours. We talked during her entire uber ride to the hotel, and still whenever she got into the hotel, until she needed to start getting ready for a small performance at an event. She blew me a kiss before hanging up, which made me blush and smile uncontrollably.

I went to hop in the shower after a long day of crying, and also sweating because, well, 1.) LA is hot. 2.) I cleaned my room.

I grabbed a towel before turning music onto my speaker, getting into the shower.

I sang along to the Frank Ocean song that played outside my shower, hitting every note. Not well, but hey, I hit them.

~
a/n

smallll chapter hehe

ITS SO HARD TO WRITE WITHOUT THEM TOGETHER

and
i don't wanna drop the bomb just yet so expect some spacing and shit