Chapter 7

(A/N: This is probably my favorite chapter so far! Idk I just love the mood I created in this chapter. Any who I'll let you guys read! Enjoy!)

I felt my heart begin to shrivel. This was obviously the work of Megan. What did she want? She said that I stay away from Thomas or else. Anger boiled inside of me. I crumpled up the note and threw it at the bottom of my locker. No longer was I going to let her try to ruin everything nor would I let her control me. So what if I didn't stay away from Thomas? What would she do? I've experienced everything Megan has ever thought of in that devious mind of hers. I'm not going to let her control my life. I slammed my locker shut, and turned around, only to bump into Thomas.

"You okay?" he asked, obviously worried.

I wasn't going to tell him about the note. I didn't want him to be more stressed after he volunteered to help clean that soup off of me, which I guarantee was pretty stressful. Plus, the note was probably just a bluff.

I immediately changed my attitude and gave off my best fake smile, "No, I'm fine."

The worried look in Thomas's eyes' hadn't disappeared so I had to convince him that I was okay somehow.

"I swear I'm okay," I said softly, caressing his cheek.

Thomas looked into my eyes, a look of uncertainty in his, but still gave off a weary smile and said, "Well, alright love."

I smiled for real this time. But I felt bad for lying to him. I know he would've understood if I told him about the note. But I just can't. I can't avoid him either. No way.

Our eyes, still locked on each other, were inching closer and closer to each other. Then the unexpected happened. We kissed.

The kiss sent a wave of shivers down my spine, but then I felt warm inside. It was perfect for a first kiss. And I'm so glad it was with him. Our kiss was interrupted when someone poked me on the shoulder. Logan. He was trying to get to his locker and I was in the way.

As soon as Thomas saw him, he protectively put his arms around my body. But, surprisingly, Logan calmly said, "Excuse me."

I scooted out of his way, then turned back around to face Thomas.

"That was weird.." I whispered, making a confused expression on my face.

Thomas looked over my shoulder at the boy then returned his gaze and nodded.

As soon as Logan left, we continued with our kiss.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thomas and I walked home together, talking about random things. He noticed me shiver and then he put his scarf around my neck. I walked closer to him. Then we were holding hands.

I love this boy, I thought.

The cold November air pierced through my clothes sending shivers all over my body. We walked on silently, only the sounds of the rustling leaves and an occasional car were present.

After a while of walking, I finally reached my house. Thomas walked me up to the front door and kissed me on my cheek. I didn't want him to go. I was about to take off his scarf and put it back on him when he stopped my hand. "You're going to need it," he said with a smile. "Plus I have a dozen of scarves."

I nodded and hugged him. He hugged back and then off he went, down that sidewalk. I unlocked my front door and stepped him. The warmth melted away my frozen fingers. I changed out of my gym clothes I had worn earlier and put on some comfy pajamas. I took out my gross clothes that were drenched in chicken noodle soup and put them in the washer.

After that was done, I made some hot cocoa, curled up with my dog and blanket, and watched movies for the rest of the night.

I almost sighed in relief when, for some reason, thinking about that note made the feeling vanish.

I pushed the thought way back in my mind and just enjoyed the present. My brother eventually came home and so did my dad. They joined me in watching movies. I thought about Thomas the whole time, making my happiness increase. Let's just say, it was the best Friday night I've had in a while.